Leoss Soul Bond

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Gaedel, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Does anyone run a Soul Bond Leoss battlegroup?

Soul Bond: When this champion is deployed or destroyed, the next 12 damage dealt to other Soul Bond champions is prevented.

Soul Bond champs:

Bluefist - In Upgrade 2 with Soul of Ailur and Wizard Foe.
    Leoss Monk - In Upgrade 2 with Invigorate 1 and Invigorate 2.
    Paragon of Ailur - On base.
    Redfist - In Upgrade 2 with Soul of Ailur and Warrior Foe.

To me, Paragon doesn't offer anything else to run him. Leoss Monk I would rather use Invigorate 2 instead of Soul Bond. Bluefist and Redfist without Soul of Ailur cripples them in Leoss battlegroups that depend on Soul and Pride mechanics. I understand wanting to have a Monk ability, but two Leoss monk champions do not have Soul Bond, Chirai Anchorite and Leoss Magnate. Maybe if more Leoss had Soul Bond it would be worth it.

Thoughts?

2. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

Running a full Leoss so feel that my Bluefist n Redfist shld take Soul of Ailur.

Leoss Monk purpose is to invigorate the other high dmg champions.

Yeah seems Soul Bond doesn't have much use.

Perhaps Soul Bond can be rework to branch outside Leoss as a Monk ability?

3. Griselbrand

Griselbrand The King of Potatoes

Too few champs with Soul Bond atm. Not worth running, and as @GameJack said Leoss Monk's purpose is to support your heavy hitters.
    Wait until they release more units with Soul Bond, then maybe it will be worth it.

4. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I am a huge fan of Leoss and would love to either see more Soul Bond champs, or even maybe some out of Leoss, as a monk ability, as @GameJack mentioned. Paragon of Ailur is the only champion with Soul Bond on base, the others are upgrades. Paragon needs a rework to get him out of his shoebox. He hasn't bee useful ever since he was released, but was more useful when he had mass heal. I hope @Sokolov will see this thread and come up with a good change.