Game client - Cannot find BGs in Picklist

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by allyorbase, Apr 6, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Gist: some BGs aren't selectable or possibly even showing up in the game client's pick-list (Battlegrounds). The pick-list that allows you to select a BG is AWFUL.

Please, please, please, please, please finally fix this issue. It is one of the reasons I quit playing -- because I was tired of every game with a new BG being a total hassle.

I have a LOT of BGs. The in-client BG-selection picklist "skips" chunks of BGs, now, so I just literally cannot pick certain BGs unless I go into the rune manager and rename the BG with "z----------------[name]." That is the only way to get the BG to show up (guaranteed) in a spot I can actually select it.

Also, as of recently, my selection list begins with 'S' entries. The first BG in my list is "Sundered Lands Upgrad..." and so on. Pretty sure it should be... alphabetical?

The Launchpad pick-list works fine, btw. It is still clunky and awful, but I can find my BGs.

I have posted about this a zillion times, and no dev *ever* responds, ever. Pox makes it impossible to organize BGs, and deleting them takes forever (I have hundreds).

PLEASE change how the in-client BG-selection pick-list loads its entries. Please. Please.

EDIT: If you could at least search for a BG by entering text and filtering, etc., that would be great. I'm giving up for today. I have almost no free time and I just spent 20 minutes trying to rename a BG, find it in the client after refreshing the list, and writing a post.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. allyorbase

Going to try deleting every BG in my account but a few. Guess that's all I can do at this point.

EDIT: the more I fiddle around, the more this feels like a list-index issue... a database problem.

Who can I talk to about this? Ultimately, I would really love it if MOST of my BGs were simply deleted. I only like maybe 10 of my 300.

3. allyorbase

So, problem is that BGs with any special characters are not appearing in Battlegrounds -- but they appear fine in Launchpad for dailies. Confirmed this.

There is still a problem with the pick-lists skipping BG entries, but since I just deleted an avalanche of BGs, the issue no longer dogs me personally.

Nope. Something messed up is happening. If I rename a BG, it will no longer appear. I have to COPY it in the rune manager for it to appear again.

EDIT: Nope again. Every time I think I've figured it out, my next new BG doesn't work. Officially giving up.

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Copying the Battlegroup is indeed the current bandaid fix.

At the moment, this is an acknowledged issue. I do not know when a fix will come into place, however.

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We hope to get to this issue before too long now that some of the bigger issues have been addressed.

6. allyorbase

Thanks for responding so quickly. I like you guys, so far. :)

7. MageAstral

MageAstral The King of Potatoes

If you go to single player you will find your deck there, hit refresh and then go to battleground and it will appear. This is a temporary fix, hope this helps.

8. Torgue

Torgue Member

i got that sometimes. easy remedy just click the launchpad and click the battlegrounds again. works for me so far.

9. allyorbase

MageAstral's method may work (can't try it at the moment), but I tried navigating to and from the Launchpad and back... nothing worked.

Up to now, the only reliable method was to create a new BG and never rename it, or to rename a BG (if I need to) and then copy it (deleting the original). *sigh*