Frost Amp Builds, Strategies & Tricks 101

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Xzablaz, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

Frost Amp, as the most developed theme from savage tundra, with large runepool and powerful synergy have become complex for most new (myself) or maybe even returning players. i hope with this thread we can educate ourselves for better gameplay. and i really interested with experienced ST players mindset about his/her BGs gameplays (i watched a lot ST play and ranking, but i cant catch up with what happening because the battle log is confusing :p )

for start discussion these are things i want to ask:
    • which core runes and upgrades to run?
    • what is exposed frost amp weakness and how to deal it?
    • guidelines to make competitive BGs?
    • for other faction players, what is the most annoying frost amp strategies?
    thanks a lot before for answering, i hope this thread can help fellow new players too to learn more from the majestic frost amplification, cheers :D :D

2. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Hi:)
    • Ice Shard, Star Catalog, Ice Storm, Gale Force, Crystal Phoenix, and Jakei Extinguisher.
    • Immunity Frost: Run Razor Ice.
    • Spell Resistance: Run Ice Dragon Statue/Frostfall heritage, Gale Force.
    • Have melee and Range units. Run Cleanse. Be gud.
    • Ice Storm Spam.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

1. Core champs: Jakei Shaman, Icesnap, Crystal Phoenix
    2. Immune Frost/Incorporeal- Run Razor Ice and/or Tundra Whisper
    3. Have at least 4 champs with Amp Frost and then Ice Shard. In a normal game you'll end up deploying about 2-3 amp champs so the Ice Shard puts the icing on the cake.
    4. When playing against Frost, I hate how much damage they can do. You can get Rimeweavers and Kento hitting ya for 20 damage, 18 damage avalanches, etc.

One of my favorite things about Frost BGs is that there are so many different ways to build them. With a decent amount of good Frost damage champs, there's such a wide variety to choose from.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  4. DissolvingBonds

DissolvingBonds The King of Potatoes

How about the ice titan?

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Titan got buffed, I would definitely use him.