Abominable - yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Pedeguerra, Dec 18, 2015.

?

Do you like Abominable as a racial for yetis?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2015.
  1. Yes, I like it because I feel its both powerful and flavorful.

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. No, I dislike it because I feel its pretty weak and situational.

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pretty straightforward.
    I will give this one a week to conclude.
    If you guys want to share feedback, go ahead.
    I personally don't like the racial, as many of you know, because I feel it's on the place of something way better and flavorful that could come along.

2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I don't like that poll, that's what I don't like

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Insufficient options to deal with the array of potential responses.

4. Pedeguerra

I'm open to suggestions of proper responses, then.
    I mean, why simplify if we can complicate, right?
    Go ahead @Makorov and @doubtofbuddha

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Having two answer as the response is fine. You just need to take away the leading text at the end. That is how you bias polls and basically end up with incorrect or unusable results. So if you want to keep it simple, just cut it down to Yes and No. Or include more options that include the proper array of potential opinions. Right now, thanks to the modifiers you are basically cutting out a lot of views.

Sealer0, Alakhami, Qucas and 4 others like this.
  6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

I played around with a very budget yeti bg in the weekend tournament I do think it is both strong and flavorful. Not sure how it would fare against higher ranked players though.

https://poxbase.com/deck/C22CglC9UCgkCqNC6uC86Ctzs7KS3ms7bs2Lr1_r30r3yr1yrIe2be3jE1T

Lots of really cheap efficient champs, leverage yeti and retreat 1 on cubs. This way you can really spam champs and take advantage of Yeti Fang fuel rage, call of the tundra refund and fuel rage, abominable dmg bonus, coordination tower. Non of the chaps except apostate hit really hard by themself but abominable makes everything hit for 14 or more midgame. You mostly spam champs and then do cheap 'mini powerturns' with yeti fang, call, gale, hideout etc.

Also lots of healing in this bg.

7. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

reduce to 1 ap and count itself for the bonus damage

8. Pedeguerra

After playing with it, I can safely say that I've changed my mind and Abominable is much better than I gave it credit for.
    However, the 2AP cost is too high and generally it isnt as powerturn focused as it should be.
    Therefore, @Sokolov , if I was to suggest something, I'd say buffing it to 1AP for cost and nerfing it by removing the stealth clause. Can we try that?

narvoxx and doubtofbuddha like this.
  9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I'll do the 1 AP thing first maybe.

I don't really want to spend code time to change something that I may end up redesigning completely.

That said, I understand why you want to nerf the Stealth part, as it is hard to justify straight buffing considering how much bonus DMG you can get from this, especially on a 2 nora ability. It's certainly less "power turn" and more of a "long-game" effect tho.

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'm unsure about what "removing the stealth clause means" in practice. Does that mean that Abominable will only Scent non-stealthed champion, or is it just about the fear part?

Personally I'd keep Abominable as it is.

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

so its mark, but every champ has it? seems strong enough, just have your curates use it because they will not be attacking anyhow.

12. narvoxx

it's more like: all your champs have surge: yeti against scented targets

13. Pedeguerra

No, the only champion with surge is the yeti who used the ability.

14. narvoxx

no, thats why it's so good lol, you can use your last deployed champ (though then it might hit their frontline tank that you don't want to hit) and it will grant everything +dmg against whatever gets scented

15. Pedeguerra

Ok, let me explain to you. I have 4 yetis deployed. If I use Abomination with one champion, only that champion will get +4DMG. The others will still have the same damage. Easy.

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I really thought it worked as @narvoxx is explaining it

17. narvoxx

It does, he's wrong

18. Pedeguerra

Yeah, after testing it @narvoxx is right. Sorry.
    Therefore, @Sokolov, I dont think a change is warranted. I thought it only applied for the champion that uses the ability, and it works for all. No change required.

Hiyashi likes this.
  19. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

What upgrades do you run on Wailing Yeti and why?

20. DissolvingBonds

DissolvingBonds The King of Potatoes

samples of yeti bg's?