Daily gold limit reached?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bambino, Aug 23, 2015.

1. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

so I just fin all the achievments, 4priest, 4sham, 2healers, 2regeners, FS has all these requirements and are AI viable,, so 20 games later,, I get the gold I guess 9g,= 3k, 3k, and 1500x2,, and shards,, not bad btw,
    so,,, after I see the normal daily is SP,, im like kool,, I have a free day, I fin up the dailys, and then ill head over to the battlegrounds...
    but after I complete the 1st of 2 it tells me ive reached my gold limit for the day! huh?!? whats up wit that? I finally have a day where I can pox it up and I get this? at least tell me,,, now no gold if I continue to play? what if I used a x2 token? gone? if u wanna put a limit on gold , fine, tho I dont see how that would help a serious grinder, ( as a dev I want people playing all the time),,, anyway , at least put a visible cap meter so I dont waste my day/token. sheesh

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Um, format?

3. bambino

im sorry?

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Limits of this sort are interesting things, and actually are more common than you might expect. In fact, it is standard practice to put a limit on most player actions. There are 2 types of this kind of restriction: economy protection (which this one falls under), and player protection (such as not allowing you to delete all your characters in 24 hours in an MMO).

In the case of economy protection, the primary reason is that it is a failsafe for bugs - By putting an upper limit on currency earning, it prevents bugs from creating a scenario where it completely destroys the game economy (MMOs in particularly are highly problematic in this regard). This is the reason we have limits.

The other reason is economy control, and again, this is more relevant to MMOs and other games where the inter-player economy is more important. You control how much of various things players can earn to keep any particular resource from being flooded or devalued, or to keep things accessible to more players.

Of course, the limits are never intended to impact normal play. For Pox, the limit was added back when the Gold system was initially added, and back then Gold was much harder to earn and the limit was considered sufficiently high. Since DOG took over,
    the Gold earning rate has substantially increased, and now with Heroic Achievements we have a scenario where you can get a lot of Gold in one day, thus it seems like people are now hitting the limit more often. So we'll take a look at the numbers and consider increasing the limit.

(In some other cases, limits are simply because when you are programming, "infinity" is often not really an option. For example, some games have unit or character limits that aren't meant to hit in realistic scenarios, but you just have to have a limit so your tables are a fixed size, etc. Of course, MMOs then decided you could monetize character slots, but that's a different discussion.)

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I believe the limit is 15000 gold per day.

6. bambino

its 10k

7. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

I just hit that limit. I finished all four Heroic Achievement in one last epic game, after doing the dailies. I even spent a gold bonus token to see that ultimate cash flow. Got a bit disappointed by the gold limit as you might guess.

Pretty happy about the bonus LEG though ;)

[​IMG]

8. bambino

yea. I know how u feel,, the leg was definitely a nice touch,, help ease the pain ..heh
    I guess 10k is not a normal number one can reach if u remove the new achievements,,,
    still,,, foolish of sok to think we have actual lives!!:):).
    I seen someone mention they had to win 20 pvp matches,, that true? I wouldnt have minded that one instead of ones I got,, I dont know about winning 20 pvp games,,, but id surely play em..

Karamasov likes this.
  9. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

The problem here is heroic achievement reward should be excluded from counting towards your daily gold limit.

10. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

yes u need to won 2 pvp games,
    but u have 20 days for that,
    even 10 days need to be enough

11. bambino

thanks fer the response avichaif,, thats a good task.....mine are
    4 priest in a bg
    4 shaman in a bg. these are stupid,,, wheres the strategy in telling me to put 4 dam priest in my deck? I play SP and Sp only has 2 priest in whole fac!!! a voil and a ghern..
    I want to be given a task. and I will build my bg to complete the task.. try to win pvp games is much more challenging to me,, and I can play the decks im working on instead of random cards I dont even like...hopefully I get better achievement,, next month I guess.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The point is to play different BGs than you would normally.

13. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

it's hard to do it with warth, but with protectors it easy 1

14. bambino

I guess if you gots lots of cards and $$$$ and stuff you can play whatever lil bg they want..
    but if yer on a low budget, , and subscribed to one fac, trading away other fac runes etc,, then may be a problem fer some players,, *see above post concerning SP,,
    on the other hand,, If yer a vet with a vast collection, , then its kinda meaningless and ywr jist doing it for the gold,, lets be real,, u can beat ai with just about anything..
    unless u propose players enter ranked with these requirements? hell I can barely win at all!! achievements should be more like , do 100 dam in 1 round,,, dont let any champs die,, kill 3 mobs in one shot. etc,, these also would require thoughtful bg tactics,,, tactics that are actually usefull when u head over to BG..which is essentially want pox creators want.
    dont get me wrong,,, I appreciate the fact we even have achievements,, and the rewards arent bad at all...
    but having achievements that require a specific task as opposed to "have 4 shams in yer bg" would have been more helpful to new players,, more of a challenge to vets,, and just all around more interesting in general.
    jmo

15. Liion

Liion Well-Known Member

I considered making a new thread but I'll just reply to this one.

I understand the reason behind the gold limit, but with the Heroic Achievements + Gold Tokens + Daily Achievements (+Winter Holiday Campaign) you hit the gold limit quite often (at least I do alot).

• The problem is this limit actually deters you from playing the game, and thats not what you want to acomplish.

For instance, since I hit the limit today, I have no reason to play, I can't farm for cards to complete my BGs and playing against people for no reward makes no sense.

@Sokolov , I suggest you increase the Daily Gold limit considerably. These are the reasons:
    • If the Gold Limit is a Failsafe for bugs/exploits/etc then set it at something like 50.000 Gold (or something really hight). That way, people that have a lot of time (like me on my vacations lol) can Farm gold and keep playing while you still have a Cap.
    • I should not be able to hit the limit on normal gameplay, that way, you make sure I will never quit playing because I don't earn Gold anymore.

Hope it helps.
    Regards.

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Suggestion: Gold Tokens also increase the limit for a time

17. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

I have a pretty hard time completing dailies with the public decks, they are very specific and only work if you have many runes.

18. Sokolov

Our current plan is to have the Daily Limit only apply to natural gold generation for a per-game thing, not Achievements. It's a slated change in our system.

Runegod likes this.
  19. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

What about heroic achievements ? As of right now i need to win 20 ranked games, play a deck with at least 4 champs using an ability containing vitality, and play a deck with 2 champions with a siphon ability. Currently i probably won't be able to do any of these in the amount of time i have.

Also just beat 2 players much higher rank than me and i received 0 points towards my season league thing.

20. Sokolov

Heroic Achievements are considered Achievements based on the above definitions.