Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

After playing with him, Keeper feels totally fine.

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Try playing wihout him, your BG will become much faster.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've run BGs both with and without him. He feels solid.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Ok.

5. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Quick idea for baneshift:
    Target champion is cleansed at the start of each turn and the closest opposing champion within 8 spaces takes 4 fire damage for each condition removed this way, for 8 turns. This effect is hidden until triggered.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

but what about the mechanics of set back, have you checked that yet?

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, I vaguely remember it doing nothing good at all in any way. I'm not going to touch that rune again, honestly, so there's no point in asking about it further: even in its best possible incarnation it's a bad rune that I don't want to play, and anyone else who wants to use it can figure out how or, better, why.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

the question was, dose it still conceal runes on cool down? if it dose not, it is a good rune

9. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

I feel like dispelling blows is overcosted (currently at 8). I guess it's costed this way because of its repeatable effect and doesn't cost 'extra' AP, but:

A lot of effects that you'd like to dispel (some repeatedly) are stuff like deflect, dodge, block, divert, impervious and these all prevent dispelling blows from hitting in the first place.
    Not to mention how bad these champs are when you aren't getting good use out of dispelling blows. And when you do, the abilities you are countering probably cost less nora than dispelling blows (like zeal, if that even works).
    The only faction I'd feel fine normally deploying a dispelling blows champ against is vs KF.

Qucas, Ifem21, doubtofbuddha and 3 others like this.
  10. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The worst thing about it is that it's way too easy to plan around, especially on melee dudes.

11. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

It is even more ridiculous with how True Nature only costs 5 (5!) nora and is in all ways better than it.

So I would suggest
    a) move True Nature to 8 nora
    b) move Dispelling Blows to 5 nora
    c) make it so Dispelling Blows triggers on making the basic attack (like True Nature), not on succesfully making the basic attack.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

soooo make dispelling blows cheaper than true nature but proceed to make it just as good?

also Can desecrate the Earth get a duration extension. currently all it can do is the spot damage that comes from deploying it. if it lasted 1 more turn it could at least be used to force a little bit of extra positoning or something. as all it currently does is deal 6 damage once.

13. doubtofbuddha

True Nature also has the single use Confusion, which seems worth about 3 points.

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

A suggestion, don't know if it's a good one, but I think Confuse Attacker would sound better as Defensive Leap. That way it's similar to Elusve Leap/Leap.

Edit: Were summons supposed to lose upgrades or is that still in the process of going through?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  15. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Can you either make Time Slip dispelable or at least mention it can't be dispelled? Thx, just cost me game.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Will put it in the bug fix list.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In progress.

It's unfortunate they GAINED upgrades in the first place so now they have to be fixed individually.

18. doubtofbuddha

Ghost is still a dumb ability FYI.

Netherzen likes this.
  19. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think I asked this before, but it was a few patches ago.

Blood Dispersal
    When this champion successfully damages a Bloodied champion with a basic attack, friendly champions within 6 spaces of it are healed for the same amount, divided evenly among damaged champions, to a minimum of 1 and a maximum 8.

Could we get this changed to:
    When this champion successfully damages a Bloodied champion with a basic attack, friendly champions within 6 spaces of it are vampiric healed for the same amount, divided evenly among damaged champions, to a minimum of 1 and a maximum 8.

It's a Blood based effect and Bleed / Blood Magic etc all vampiric heal. Will allow it to combine with Greater Vampirism if anyone runs a FW/UD Bleed BG.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Would it be possible for Veilwalker to gain Mark of Almara instead of Brand on U1?

Griselbrand likes this.