Strategy game that gives 2 minutes for a turn ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Runegod, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

even if it was rudimentary in the fashion that cones displayed their damage instead of manual calcs and ect.

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Funny I think the turn timers should be lowered to 1:30.

Or I think there should be a incentive to finishing your turn faster....like +5 nora gen if your last turn took less than 30 seconds. -5 nora gen if it was longer than 1:30. People would think faster, I bet.

Miniscule micromanagment of every single AP and every single point of damage, champs with a million activated abilities, slowing down games is a bad thing.

Damage tooltip would be handy. As well as a more streamlined combat log would go a long way.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The argument that regarding how many runes there are is flawed. At least half, if not more, of the runes are not used.

Anyway, it'd be nice to see how the game would be if the turn timer was set to 2 minutes.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. tosscoble

tosscoble The King of Potatoes

At least in 2v2 they should add 30 or 45 seconds. I am a new player and only played the mode once, but with the talking to your partner part i didnt have much time to plan anything.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I play bullet chess at 1 min per player for the whole game. Blitz (5min per person for the whole game) is one of the most common chess types, aside from your usual tournament format which is obviously longer.

There is a skill in being fast. This is also an online game. Is there really much room to allow games to be even longer than they already can be now?

6. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Why not increase the timer after the game has been going for say 15 minutes?

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I want to support longer turns, but then I use my super logic powers(and read previous posts) and remember that means longer games. And given how boring it already is when a player only has to make one or two moves but still waits for the timer to end his turn with the timer at 1:45, I can't sanely say I want even more sluggish games.

The truth about Poxnora is that you can learn everything. Even Halfgod learned to play moga in 1:45, so I'm sure anyone else can(half-joke).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  8. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

I repeat their are no similarities between this game and chess other than a board and 2 players. I played chess in high school and was in chess club, their is skill in being fast, then their is limitations on what you can and can't control. Poxnora has too many pieces that all do many different things and things that we as the players can't control. Some of those things are attack animations, movement animations, bugs, internet speed, lag, that is a few of the many many reasons why the turn timer needs increased.

I agree with what you said about games are already very long, but then again that is the genre of the game. If players are looking for an fps they should navigate to something like starcraft where games are quick and meaningless. 1:45 doesn't give poxnora it's due and doesn't allow the full amount of tactical game play the game should allow.

Increase the turn timer but add restrictions so it can't be abused. Since my first game back playing ranked players have said what's taking so long or what are you doing. If your to impatient to wait an extra 15 seconds a turn then this probably isn't the game for you.

9. Runegod

I think the main problem today is kids have the attention span of about 30 seconds, which explains the increase in popularity in cod games.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Skill is about quickly assesing the situation and acting accordingly. Clearly you don't know the first two things about chess, take it from someone who played it on the international level.

Same skill in chess, same skill in Pox. Play casual games with a higher timer if you must. We can't cater to every new player who needs more time, no matter how harsh that sounds.

If you think you won't be garbage with 15 more seconds, I've got news for you. Sorry that you're new, but we're not going to drag out games even more and screw over old players because you're still learning. You'll still miss turns with 15 more seconds, tough break.

If you think tactical means sitting there for minutes on end staring at one move, get better and you'll be able to do it in 1:45. And yeah, this is a get good post.

11. Runegod

Thought about posting a long and detailed response as to why everything you said is dumb, read other posts you have made, realized it would be falling on deaf ears. Thank you again for you solid posts, and now i know my mistake is to never hit the button to show ignored people's comments again.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry, what I meant to say was:

your made up possibilities as to why we don't cater to your every need are laughable and you should bad

and you should just get good, feel free to ignore me, I take no pity on shitters who need to game to change to mask their incompetence

edit: you're the same idiot who loses to titans who have 6 spells used on them, clearly you're god awful and need to sort that out before asking for more time

More time doesn't mean you'll be better. You'll just have more time to execute your mediocre moves. Hardly worth screwing the game over for.

13. Runegod

Your an angry angry little man aren't you. I'm sure that a big part of why this game doesn't have new players is this sort of attitude and your inability to change your volatile ways.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No, as I said before, I have no patience for mediocre players who think the game needs to change for the worse just so they think they'll have a better chance at not being garbage

15. Runegod

Every opponent I have faced has been rare or better excluding 1 or 2, i'm new to the game and have played a public slags bg for the majority of my losses and still won some. In a game involving thousands of runes and interactions and for never having played ranked that much until lately I would say i'm on pace to be very very good. The fear of you being beaten by new players with a longer turn timer is real.

Rather than post nicely why you think it's a bad idea for longer turns, you decided to instead attack me with negative comments which just shows what kinda of person and the lvl of character you possess.

Have a good day man and I hope all the hate you have doesn't eat you up.

16. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Runegod to Tweak:

"Maybe your just the type of guy that doesn't offer an fq because you really need the wins."
    *** " I get your probably not very good and don't offer fqs, that's your problem not mine."

1. you are a blatant hypocrite with no sense of logic as shown above
    2. you will never be a better player when you make up a new excuse for every single loss (even if they might be valid, which they're not here, there will be always be excuses)

fix your attitude for your own sake man

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sooooo at least gas prices are low...

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not as low as the chance that this thread remains open -- which is 0. Tone and content has too thoroughly degraded to allow simple removals at this point. Locked rather than removed entirely to preserve what conversation there was.

WhatTheHex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.