Why is Voil Progenitor the only unplayable Titan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JazzMan1221, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Over the course of time, every single titan has received a buff here and there............except Voil Progenitor. Why is this exactly? Even the lesser seen titans such as Dreadnought and Faultbreaker have their niches in their respective themes. Glacial Titan is a monster in front amp and meta, boasting double rank 3 resistances and an AOE attack. Pitspawn now has Life Siphon and access to Leech Vitality, not to mention Death Touch. Moog is less powerful than he was, but is still runable simply for Pull, water gen, and great tankiness. Ancestral Avenger is Ancestral Avenger, nuff said.

Meanwhile, the SP titan can summon bats (arguably the weakest summon in the game) and has Surge: X. That's it. Why in the hell does Voil Progenitor have FIVE surge upgrades???? Seriously, what's the point? To make it runnable in a multitude of themes? That may have been enough in the past, but these days it takes far more than surge to make a champion have theme synergy. SP's titan seems to have been left out of the previous titan buffs for no apparent reason.

What can we do it make it at least semi-viable? IMO it needs focus on a single theme, Voil most likely. Get rid of those other useless surge abilities and replace them with something more useful. Raise its cost if need be, but it would be nice to see the big guy on the same level as his peers.

2. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

They should remove summon bat, and reduce the nora cost of the champ. If Surge Behemoth and Surge beast stacks, you could make a 2X2 Beast bg and this guy would be an 82 nora 3 DEF 60 HP hitting for 20+ dmg at 1-2 range. I mean, that pretty viable no?

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I would like to note that Moog was nerfed rather than buffed, and I am still a little sad about it.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Unless they changed SP Titan, dude is a monster in beasts. Mikelin and I used him in our SP/x splits.

Faultbreaker is easily the shittiest titan. Give it the ability that SL relic has (Fractured Lands) instead of Faultbreak and move it away from the whole Heavy Charger Bane Shift.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    Griselbrand and WhatTheHex like this.
  5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

If he was given Bulwark Voil and an extra 1 def or res phys 3 he would be runnable.

6. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Naw moga summons are definitely the weakest summons in the game, voil summons have a slow ability that has cooldown 1 which actually makes them one of the more useful summons in the game. I agree though he's not as good as the other titans in the game.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf is this thread? voil progintor could be built better but he isnt bad compared to the other titans, especially with the sp bonus.

he is very strong in voil or sp beast bgs, the bgs just suck is all.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  8. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

How do I get access to the client you're playing on? Because it's becoming more and more apparent with each Bane Shift post that you're not playing the same game as the rest of us.

Griselbrand and Vorian like this.
  9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I don't see a 96 nora Surge unit as being very practical. Because literally all he does is Surge. Give him something special, like the other titans have. Faultbreaker can at least be run in Constructs. Progenitor doesn't fit in anywhere, not with a single ability tying him to the themes.

10. doubtofbuddha

What special thing does Moog have? Pull?

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

When did pull on a monster tank stopped being special?

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Have you used him? Have you used Faultbreaker? Because I've used both and like I said, SP titan fits into Beasts whereas IS Titan is just another fatty with sandbags and other units that do his job better.

13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Faultbreaker is 96 nora for no real reason other than being fat.

He sux. He needs this thread more than the prog.

14. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

In a world where water gen and pull on a massive tank isn't special enough one man stands alone in the land of sanity.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Pull makes Moog better than ST Titan late game. So yes.

16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh lets not forget the mobile drown setting up machine.

17. doubtofbuddha

Though it kind of rolls over and dies to the ST Titan.

But yeah, point given. So is the decline in Moog use a sign of the decline of FS meta in general, or is my perception of him having received a relative nerf overblown?

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Probably the latter. Having only 12 physical DMG probably doesn't help, though, nor does the escalation of indirection damage, something which the ST Titan can in part circumvent with a lower cost and more raw HP.

Leadrz and doubtofbuddha like this.
  19. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

100 is a magical number.

20. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

In a Beast BG he's 90 nora for:
    12 DMG
    7 SPD
    1-2 RNG
    3 DEF
    60 HP

Attack: Physical (+2)
    Resistance Physical 2 (+8)
    Summon Bat (+8)
    Titan (+0)
    Surge: Behemoth (+5)
    Surge: Beast (+5)

His damage ramps easily up to 15-17.
    +1 Bat (from summon)
    +2 One 2x2 Beast
    = 15
    +2 Second 2x2 Beast / Two 1x1 Beasts
    = 17

He's Costly and nothing but a Big Surging Beat Stick, but he does that well.
    He is just not a meta run, or one useful in a Strong SP Theme.

Only thing I feel could be changed would be either:
    A) Put all 3 Surges on the Same Path (Voil, Beast, Behemoth) and add two other abilities to Path 2 (Give Refuge Voil, ??, ??)
    B) Add another ability to his base (increasing his cost closer to the 100 nora other titans cost).

As for what they should be... good question...maybe:
    - Battlemaster 3 (9 nora). SP has few sources of BM 3 in Voil or Beasts.
    - Colossal (11 nora). Makes him more tanky, helping to protect your 90+ nora investment.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016