Boulder throw, whispers of the mind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Runegod, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Doesn't work on champs with combat awareness ? They both say target champion in the text....

"This unit only takes damage from spells and abilities if they specifically target a champion. This does not include terrain effects, conditions, or equipment on this champion."

That's right from the combat awareness text...

"Target champion takes 16 Physical damage and becomes Distracted and Awestruck for 2 turns."

That's the exact text from boulder throw. Is the text just wrong on the spell or is it a bug ?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. Runegod

No it wouldn't even let me cast it on them.

3. Runegod

Nope i checked the combat log it just said he couldn't be targeted.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Maybe it was in Dark Magic Zone.

5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I've used them on CA champs. Must have been something else.

Ballballer likes this.
  6. Runegod

My opponent was using a k'thir/sp split.

7. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Was it kanen slipped? That has warding.

8. WhatTheHex

Weird though i can't find any champion with CA and single target protection, do you recall the champion you tried to cast on?

9. WhatTheHex

Did he happen to run Fae Dreamer?

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

While we are at it, can someone on the team @Sokolov fix Combat Awereness as an ability for good?
    There are a bunch of things that bypasss it, some that come to mind are Mine Field, Fiery Ambush and Stellar Horizon (on all of these instances the CA champion took damage).
    This is a pain in the butt, because CA champs are a good counter to non direct damage, which is a big part of the game.
    CA is working against auras, pings and bombs, though, so good job on that.

Edit: also, since the guy mentioned Whispers of the Mind, why can it and RD still be invisible on cast and Blizzard Cloak cant? I'd rather have BC cost more and be invisible on cast while you occupy snow, as is that spell is trash.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Doesn't bypass CA
    Terrain Dmg WAI

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Mine Field: yes it does. Test it yourself. I've tested it a number of times with Yetihound and it took damage on all of them.
    Fiery Ambush: WAI? I'd rather have Sok telling me this, although it does seem that way.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Tested, and confirmed.

14. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

"This unit only takes damage from spells and abilities if they specifically target a champion. This does not include terrain effects,... -> Fiery ambush gives a terrain effect, it also works well on IS champs (or it should).

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Fiery Ambush creates -- wait for it -- a terrain-layer element, something is CA probably considers part of terrain and thus still deals damage. Or, TLEs count on a tile-by-tile basis, and thus deal their damage in single-target instances, so it also hurts CA champs. CA champs take damage from traps produced by Lay Trap abilities, so they take damage from Fire Wall. It's not actually indirect damage, much in the same way that Festering Wounds isn't actually spell damage.

16. Runegod

The champ was garin sharpfang, I don't have that rune.

17. WhatTheHex

Pretty sure it was Fae Dreamer, it gives shielded to champs for 6 turns when they get deployed near her.

18. Runegod

But their was no shielded symbol beneath the champs abilities, plus it was way more than 6 turns by the time he tried contesting my font across the map.

Has anyone tested it yet ?

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Was it inside your spell presence?

20. Runegod

Yes i even hit p to make sure.