Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Terraformer and that OP as heck KF unit that give everyone Shield and other shitton of abilities should probably meet the nerf bat.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ehhh, I'm against giving factions runes. It provides unequality among the factions. Like oh, okay if you get Fury of the Storm, I was X and Y for IS. It would make sense if they were something like Leoss, but just because they're Electric champs? Make Bolt an IS only champ again.

Also, to those people that want Hoarfrost Lich to be ST/FW... No.

themacca likes this.
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Raider is only 2 nora, stacks, and works on summons. Take this with a grain of salt because I was using a Relic/Equip BG but I feel like that does way too much for too little.

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I would be more sympathetic if relic/equip bgs weren't super abusive.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Moga inferno is just crazy.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Also works on bouncing equipment like the helms: Raider triggers with each jump.

7. doubtofbuddha

I think this is less of a big deal simply because unlike things like tariff, you don't actually need to run a bunch of relics and equipment to have a successful deck, and if you do not then something like the Moga Inferno (which is the specific rune that you were bothered about in our match), is quite a bit worse. Yes, it hurt you a lot because you were playing an equip/relic focused deck, but that is no different from something like sever having a big impact on summon-focused decks, swarm on summoned champs decks, or backlash on nora-generation decks.

On top of that there are not a lot of good counters for relic or equipment spam right now. Seism is good against individual relics, and a few factions (FS and UD) have aoe anti-relic spells, but most other factions have an uphill battle against them.

Sealer0 likes this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

My concern is less for the BG I was playing and more for Salaman/Dwarfs. Right now those BGs are doing fine because of the insane damage they can reach with little set up required. But once SI: Damage and the enrage 3 clause get nerfed, these BGs will struggle even more.

There's a reason why Tariff costs 12 nora, doesn't stack and works on Real champions only. I just feel as if Raider should not be 2 nora and should not stack OR not work on summoned equips/relics.

9. doubtofbuddha

That is fair enough. I guess it would be better to nerf Raider a bit and pentalize/nerf relic/equipment spam a bit more.

10. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I have a feeling Jakei Extinguisher is bit to efficient, you could like strip one ability from him and he'd still be viable.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Truthseeker remove faithless clause and replace it with Stunned.

Edit: Warchief descriptions still say "If there is no other barb with this ability, the closest barb gets this ability" but it passes on no matter what.

Edit Edit: What if Dwarven Sharpshooter gained an ability where if he is drunk he has Precision? Price it at 2-3 nora. Remove Aim from base. Possibly change up his U1 but give him something else instead of Hidden: Arctic in U2.

Edit Edit Edit: Semmiran Noble remove Class: Warrior, add Class: Paladin.

Edit Edit Edit Edit: On the House is 7 nora compared to Curse Treasure which is 8 nora. I think On the House could go down to 5 nora.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@sock-of-love. I feel like it wouldnt be the worst thing ever to give the death birdy -1 speed. would help to bring him down to a lower cost so he doesnt take so longer to pay himself off.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

When is zombie plague getting fixed so it doesn't produce reals anymore?

Xirone likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

LOL bud do you even care about balance at all? Jeez.
    Also, Terraformer still being unchanged is disapointed to say the least.
    Lastly, who the firk thought making Macadamize 25 nora was a good idea?
    Sometimes I just think you guys dont care about balance, at all. Its like you guys are trying to please people all the time by buffing things - dont.
    Nerf it all to the ground.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Explain why you think these ideas are bad or stop wasting your time and my time on quoting my post. Outside of the Dwarven SS one, I think they're all pretty reasonable suggestions. Semmiran Noble becoming a Paladin would make him stronger, but look at him he's not a freaking warrior.

Terraformer is getting nerfed in the next patch so I don't see what that has to do with my post?

16. doubtofbuddha

Could you take a look at the IS/SL equip relic spam split decks? I have not really brought them up before because it has been difficult to pull apart a particular item that needs a nerf, I am still not completely sure what could be nerfed to bring it into line but
    1) The champaions in the battlegroup are really really inexpensive
    2) the deck relies a lot on things like draketooth rifle to give 0 damage champs incredibly range or rock collection to give them extra things to do with their AP for massive damage potential.
    3) it has tons of indirect damage sources that make defense particularly meaningless.

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Draketooth Rifle attack no longer ignores DEF, as per virtually every other attack in the game.

18. doubtofbuddha

Where did I say it did?

19. doubtofbuddha

Also Scouring Jasper seems cheap compared to other damage dealing relics. I mean 7 damage in AOE 4 every round, with a bonus 7 damage on deploy seems to be a bit stronger than other aoe dmg relics (hive, earthshaker, and tortun land cannon in particular).

It probably should be +10 nora.

20. doubtofbuddha

Part of the problem is that Summon: Gatling Gun has the same cost as Psychic Ping: 1. The Gatling Gun itself is only 5 nora more. So basically you have a bunch of inexpensive reproducable pings that end up covering the entirety of whatever the battlefield area is. How is that remotely balanced/ a good idea? When you throw in the over-efficient scouring jasper, the extreme range of the Draketooth Rifle, and a bunch of low nora champions no wonder it is dominating.