FW FF BGs that are worth using atm.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by negatorxx, Jan 13, 2016.

1. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

1. Wurms
    2. Meta?
    3. Witches
    4. Witches/Foul Rite

Wurms just have answers for everything, and a unique and fun mechanic. Many of their champs do things no other champs in the game do, which make them a nice break from whatever you were doing before. Witches are neat because they have multiple 5 and 6 range champs with DOTS, healing, global debuffs (-1 speed may as well give the witch players a pseudo KF faction bonus) and several "problem solving" runes. Dark Rite being a variation of witches does most of the same but a little slower and is all but GG if you pull it off, though standing around popping out skeletons at your shrine is a bit boring.

The bad stuff:
    Zombies, Skeletons

Current meta has too much AOE, too many auras, and too much range for the slow dude spam these BGs put out. Add all the recent champs that nuke summons and youve got yourself a garbage BG.

The weird stuff:
    Liches, Chop Decks

These two BGs arent naturally strong and require finesse. Im not even sure "Liches" is a thing.
    The only thing that makes "Liches" a BG seems to be "leverage:lich", the few guys that spit out phylacteries, and seem cool and flavorful runes. Only a step above meta i guess, havent really messed with them. Chopping Block is another strange one. I saw Yobanchi using chops and crown of thorns to good affect recently.

So that's that. Felt like the forums were getting stale, so here's something to talk about.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. Griselbrand

Griselbrand The King of Potatoes

Dark Rite = Foul Rite
    AmIRite?
    ...I'll just see myself out.

Djangoguy likes this.
  3. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

It's so funny that people are complaining witches being good at the moment, when I was active to the game/forums no one gives a firk about them because "you will not have a fiction bonus playing it"

@topic play what you want to play 'til you get good at it. With skill you can get a good rank even with stuff not that good.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Sorta disagree with worms having answers to everything, but they do have some unique power. Not sure that Skeletons and Zombies are actually bad -- Zombies have some problems, Skels likely do as well, but Skeletons can also stack out some stats and really flood with HP, so they might be better than that. People just don't really play them.

5. negatorxx

well, there's a reason people arent playing them.

I dont really get the witch complaints, i think its more like there isnt much good in FW right now, so people are trying something new, and folks arent used to FW throwing down competitive ranged champs. Foul Rite is kind of ****ish though.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And that reason may or may not be at all related to how well they would function if driven through the current competitive environment. Personal preference and preconception play a large part in BG selection; if someone hates how Skeletons look, they will play something else, even if Skeletons are strong.

fattyy2k likes this.
  7. negatorxx

My experience both playing with and against as well as watching others, both of them are bad for the listed reasons. Id love for someone to show me otherwise, because i do love zombies.

8. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I think people's biggest issue with witches is the -1 speed, which at times can be applied for a substantial duration

9. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

hm, you mean lets play frozen ST on FW? noice!