Do champs have to disengage from enemy illusions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sarashu, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Sarashu

Sarashu The King of Potatoes

Title

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

No, otherwise why should some one play illusions?

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Yes, illusions will engage your champ, but a single hit will kill them.

4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Not only a single hit, if you target them with an ability like block or dodge, they'll disappear

Goyo likes this.
  5. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

if you hit them with any ability even healing breath or 0 ap abilities they disappear.

6. Sarashu

Thanks.

Ah, that's unfortunate that all those things kill them... but I think I can still make use of them

7. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Relic deployment is one prime way to use illusions. Another is globe-grabbing. Another is AP sink... finally is as backstop for knockback damage.

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

And you have the ultimate use of damage fooder to use with thorn collection(for refund) and lightning rod (niddhog has a video with this)

9. Sarashu

Are they good for spreading out and making for the enemy shrine? If they try to stop them, they have to send multiple units/spells, and if they don't, you get to hit their shrine. Also prehaps keep 1 at the main fight and send 3, so they don't know where the real one will be.

I liked this idea because it's hard relying much on stealth against champs with Detection

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you want to go for the enemy shrine, there are 4 ways:
    Fast and brutal, with several quick champions and some specific support, like ritual of binding and onus of kiergana
    Solitary garu shrine rush, full gimmick works just like against the AI
    Ember wasp shrine rush, look for some videos of caine/caine1138
    Zeventrech shrine rush, with ritual of binding and some clops. Accruing charges and relocating.

11. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Illusions cant hurt a shrine or anything else. They can't attack. Their main use is harrassing through engagement and dropping relics to contest fonts.