Ancestral Avenger

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Glaring, Dec 27, 2015.

1. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

hmmmm, i guess. But if we have a play off that cripples him outside of a certain theme (he currently ist REALLY in one) i dunno. Big bear with bear men seems so awesome like their god. Well, dreams will stay dreams haha

2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I he is a part of decent group called Beasts. But honestly beasts aren't a theme per say. There is no advantage to playing Beasts at the moment except for Boost which only give 5 max HP and Commander which gives a damage boost of 2 and a couple of spells outside of KF.

If he were a Garu he would be very out of line quickly. Check the following

1.Aid Defense could make it harder for him to be killed.
    2.Leverage: Garu from Garu Hunter would make him more efficient.
    3. Be more destructive with Ancestral Anger because his SPD increases and his DMG can skyrocket through Berserked and Enraged 2.
    4.Gain Surge Enemy from Garu Den mother through Bestow.
    5. Gain +4 DMG and 2 AP through Guarded: Garu from Garu Cub.

All of these interactions would have to be considered if @Sokolov were to remove race beast and add race Garu to AA. As a KF main player this would be awesome, but, thinking outside in this could get out of hand very quickly.

Let's keep dreaming lol

3. Glaring

Glaring I need me some PIE!

pariah stops the AA, And those reasons are the reason i want him to be garu >.>

4. gamengamenut

Yeah, pariah stops AA and all that.

he will get the potential to be super boosted by his fellow bear men, but to pull that off takes a tonne of nora and investment. i COULD see him becoming a reason why people start nerf threads, but overall garu themselves as a race need some love, and hey! aid defence is only on warcaller right now. i think?

5. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Garu den mother, aid defense, leverage, guarded: garu are all pretty small reasons, if you ask me. Leverage especially since it generates a savings of only 6 nora, and right now Hunter:protectorate is a much stronger ability right now anyways.

AA already has access to Battlemaster, Commander, Boost, Bestial Presence/battle harden, Garu den mother's ability, Erilun's favor, Battle Leader, Bastion of Will/Mobility, Catharsis bloom, and divine favor, Combined Arms, and Momento. You are usually not going to see a whole lot of these things in any particular game, because most of them are on 65-85 nora champs, and the ones that aren't work on almost all runes anyways. Also, more than a few of these abilities and it won't matter if your rune was a AA because buff stacking makes -all- champs into monsters.

Aid defense is on 2 runes, one of which is an arguably inferior melee rune compared to AA, and the other one is vashal vicar...vicar is not making AA much more powerful in any reasonable scenario. So...there is camaraderie, and Warcry at best. But again, on a 80 nora support rune or a 85+ nora melee champ....or I guess Kodiak...but he's really bad right now.

Since he is already immune to Fan Faire, Seal of the Vashal, and Bond of Vashal, drive, and Ancestral Anger, these things would continue to be irrelevant for him.

6. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

Need some tissues for them issues

7. Glaring

Glaring I need me some PIE!

Yup, only fio has the aid def for garu

8. gamengamenut

yeah, AA should get race garu, if that seems like too much then like

NEW Ability:

Garu's fighting Sprit

While you have a friendly garu within 5 spaces, this champion gets race garu and +2 dmg. if there is no friendly beast/garu in play, this champion gets -1 spd ( or -2 dmg)

someeeething like this

9. Cinder405

I'm all for changes to KF for the better but this doesn't make sense at all. Ancestral Avenger is the most ferocious bear in the forest and that's it. He doesn't walk on two legs like other Garus. If anything give it something to do with beasts.

10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

AA does walk on two legs. I think Enraged Grizzly and Garu Cub are the only bear-like runes that walk on all four paws.

Cinder405 likes this.
  11. Cinder405

Again like I said earlier he is just a huge ferocious bear that they depict standing up in his rune art to show his anger and ferocity. Look at his sprite. Its huge. Do you think they could make that a 2x2 rune with the size of that thing in order to show him on his 4 legs like Enraged Grizzly. This guy is super full of fur like a bear should be. Compared to the fur of a Garus. All Garus are depicted with fur but it is not overgrown like AAs or the Enraged Grizzly.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the OP that AA should be Race: Garu. I am fine with him being a massive beast. I was just pointing out that he stands upright, contrary to what was said. It is true that he could walk on all four paws but the artwork and in-game sprite show a bipedal preference.

[​IMG]

Edit: His arms do look a little too long for him to walk on all four paws though. It would be an uncomfortable experience to be sure. His hips also seem to be made for walking upright.