Anyone remember that 80$ Lich King?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legnazza90, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Legnazza90

Legnazza90 I need me some PIE!

Dang bra those were the days.

fattyy2k likes this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

You mean you long for the days when Pox was pay-to-win? K.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I for one do not miss Pay to win Poxnora.

4. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

lmao. like a lil pox stock market,,, oooh demon lich dropped to 21.50 $!!!

ssez likes this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Man that Bane Shift was god awful.

6. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I didn't mind much, I was pretty good friends with most of the big trade sharks so they cut me in on some good deals. Except tali. Tali didn't like anyone.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  7. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

How do you rate the new Cyclops Nebron and why wont you play anymore?

8. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

ahhh Talinos, he always came looking to me for runes. He got upset about the "blacklist" that never was even really a blacklist lol

Best trader days were before the Tax incident, 7 pages of trades!!! I used to open about 2-5 of the big packs a day back then just through trading. Game was never the same since.

9. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

On paper he's decent, fairly efficient at his cheapest build but probably won't be worth taking over one of the other dozen or so beaters just like him unless your deck has some way to abuse the totem.

I don't enjoy the game. In my free time I'd rather play league or something on the ps4 than fire up pox. SP (I guess the game in general but I know more about sp specifically) got dumbed down really hard where everything became vanilla beaters with barely any unique or fun aspects to them. All the themes are slowly turning into the same playstyle with different skins on their champions while each theme has 2-3 versions of nearly identical champs. The final straw for me was when I logged in a few days ago and saw in the patch notes that voil queen had been taken from a watered down version of what I had her into another Firking melee beater with 2 abilities. I haven't seen a good patch for SP since kreb was in charge of that stuff. Doesn't help that they did a popularity contest to decide council members and the SP one had no clue what he was doing but whatever voil infernal wasn't fun anyways. :^)

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I do agree that things have been dumbed down - that's kind of the nature of focusing on nerfs though, many times nerfs end up dumbing things down. I am actively trying to add/change things to make them more interesting this year (though some have expressed concern about this direction to me).

I don't think "all the themes are slowly turning into the same playstyle" is true at all. In fact, I worked last year specifically on theme differentiation and will continue to do so. I think De'lim plays very differently than Salaman or Ferren or Slags or Worms, etc.

As for Voil Queen, I am not entirely why you dislike the change exactly, I don't think she actually changed all that much and actually got a new ability to choose from on U2. Several SP players actually specifically requested she be cheaper so she could better play her "spawn bats" role instead of being so hybridized; the argument was that the Queen didn't offer enough as a melee champion while costing more than you'd want for a summoner that has no support utility, and so it was just a bad melee beater design forced to take a Summon and I was asked to look at her and focus her role slightly more. So what I did was change her up so you had a choice. You can now choose between just doing Summon: Bat in the backline safely, or be more aggressive with the Voil Caverns choice.

I do think role/champion overlap is an issue, but that's partly due to the age of the game and the fact that so many ideas and design space are considered "off limits" by the community as OP. I try and push the boundaries every so often, but it is almost never received well, unfortunately.

That said, I think even if the changes were to your liking, eventually you prefer other games. Many of us have played Pox for a long time, and I honestly don't expect everyone to play forever. In fact, most of us have probably spent more time in Pox than most other games we have played.

Sealer0 and badgerale like this.
  11. Sokolov

And for SP specifically, I feel like some of the more interesting stuff is actually released for SP... maybe they haven't been powerful enough, I dunno?

But things like Dreamcrusher, Whirling Quarry, Stormreader, Arroyo Echo, G'hern Pyro, and even runes like Betrayal were all at least pretty interesting to me at least. Again, maybe some of it is a power level problem, but I certainly haven't been trying to keep SP down for any reason.

~

Anyway, I did make a thread awhile back asking people what mechanics they liked, and do plan on using that feedback to hopefully keep/make things more interesting: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/what-are-the-mechanics-people-like.19439/ (if anyone has additional thoughts, do add it to that thread, thanks!).

~

In any case, nebron, it's been fun having you around over the years :D Thanks for playing Pox!

12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I figure the Voil King Nebron is just pissed off his Voils arnt top tier anymore lol.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You are simply unbearable.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Ehhh, this part im actually fine with. I mean, yeah, if we're being honest i probs should have been the SP council dude (or maybe you idk) But dmr has done a fine job and knows what hes talking about and im good with what hes doing.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Except you and Nebron too lazy to step up... smh

16. Sokolov

Council isn't about voting since I came back anyway so that's all kinds of moot. Also, I talk to a lot of people.

17. Ballballer

Lol i talk to council members/sok about balance everytime im on. Plus i think i nerfcall SP stuff more than any other faction

18. Ballballer

Yeah its not like you have the top SP player in your back pocket secretely helping you or anything -_-

19. Ballballer

Hey whirling quarry was half your fault too dìck

20. Ballballer