Nerf your own faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I take pride in calling out stuff in SP that I believe to be over the top (though I'm guessing some of you may think otherwise). So here is yalls chance to nerfcall stuff in your own factions. Heres some of my thoughts on SP (ive been using moga recently):

-moga babbler: I run him with leap 3 and antagonize. This means i get a pseudo 7 speeder with a ghern out (or a pseudo 6 speeder as a first turn draw, which is super important) and a 39 nora unit that basically can perma distract the enemy until they kill it. Additionally, since this thing costs 39 nora, its wonderful to rush at the enemy main damage dealer, antagonize it, and then run away laughing gleefully to yourself. its got good damage and hp at that cost too. I'd increase its nora by about 3 (or give it a sandbag ability)

-buckethead: this thing has a dot, a rank 3 aura, leap 3, and berserker. It makes opponents cry when it hits them basically. The thing is, leap 3 makes it a great first turn deploy and makes it much much eaiser to hit said crying opponents. This guy only costs 40 nora, and I would recommend removing his access to leap 3.

-stormflyer: was missed in the latest round of mixed meta nerfs. Probs should be about 71 nora

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Gnomes, iPox and Woffleet like this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Dwarven Medic: Too efficient. We should sandbag him with Divert ^.^

Might of Ironfist: +5 and possibly lower the amount of damge it gives/amount of hp it takes.

Groble Rock Eater: Too cheap.

Pureblood: Either remove Reallocate Speed or Remove Quest: Damage.

Makorov likes this.
  3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Chroma Visionary - Needs a cost increase, might suggest removing Vuln, but that could possibly be seen as a buff, maybe even just an ability to sandbag her for a couple of nora (4 minimum)

Skeletal Lerper - I can't really picture anything working for him apart from a manual cost modifier. He's just far too cheap and far too efficient at the 66 nora he's currently ran at.

Bone Elemental - Could do with losing 5hp or so, and keeping it's current cost.

Domination - Perhaps make it permanently grant flight, so it makes it much more difficult to domi chasm something. It would sort of make sense in a logic way, because possessions portrayed in films often leave the vessel levitating.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Cool thread, will monitor.

Some planned ability cost changes seem like they will affect some of these.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uhm

SL avatar gets silly with all the draksar boosts + violent sometimes

dragons all being flying

haven't played much else, but nothing seems to be too strong to a point where it stands head and shoulders above everything else

6. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

remove murkwater frenzy from ranged champions
    Nah that would be stupid :<

7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I predict we'll see a lot of zealots either
    A) not participate
    B) "participate" by either ignoring what actually needs to be hit or trying to downplay the op things in their faction's efficiency
    C) argue against something being op at all and trying to shift the focus to another faction
    D) complain about something in the past or about how Sok plays favoritism or how sok hates their faction (thank you oyo)

super71 likes this.
  8. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Solitary Garu: This guy can easily reach 8 or 9 SPD but thats not his issue. He can heal himself too often and the amount he heals is 12hp with a cool down of 2. With as much speed as he gets he can often double tap and heal at the same time making him a decent tank for font contesting, especially in vegetation maps.
    The optimal build is with detection 3 and hidden vegetation IMO leaving him at only 72 nora. I would up his cost a bit or trade out heal self 3 for heal self 2 or something.

Throne of Circle: Magic Nova 3, Spell Resistance, and Amp: Magic. These abilities apply to Wizards only but the problem is that the effect is GLOBAL. You could pop this anywhere. This relic should be more like Snaptooths Crypt that is only like 8 or 10 space range. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Agreed though Divert doesnt make much sense in my mind. Just bump his speed up by 1 which should increase his cost 5-6.
    +5 first and see where things end up. Lower damage to +3 as a secondary nerf if more is judged necessary.
    Removing Reallocate would lower her speed by 1 but her cost by 2. Could be interesting. :Shrug:

Barbarian Diviner loses Aid Defense from U2. Gains Impairing Vision or Weaken Spells instead.

10. Sokolov

You mean Extinguisher, I assume?

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Sok already changed this I believe.

12. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

As an IS player i think you should just completely sht on my faction.

Ty.

Edit: How does one remove this infidel of a signature?

13. super71

Ironfist

Forge hammer changed to- Equipped champion with 1-3 range gains relic guardian and forge hammer, champs with 3 range or higher get +1 def +2 damage and forge hammer

Dwarven medic- cost to 47 at the least

Fury of the storm needs to lose slam and get anything else in it's place.

K'thir

Throne of the circle- lose the magic nova part and get a small decrease

erillun's favor- Don't let it stack and cost to 25

De'lims mass teleport ability removed in favor of grant teleport

Wood marshal druid- Should never be able to be ran at 67 nora

Savage tundra

Lonx icelord to lose heal self in favor of purified
    Galeforce to not be able to cliff anything ever

Forsaken wastes-

Witching hour- Personally I don't think it's totally over the top, change it to only give flight and revel in misery.

Festering wounds- I strongly dislike global spells give it an aoe 3 and reduce it's cost to 45.

Incorporal- This champion has Flying and cannot attack. It has Immunity - Physical and takes 75% less damage from all non-Magical sources. If it loses this condition whilst occupying impasssable terrain, it will die.

Needs changed to 50% less damage and a small cost reduction, it's too hard counter right now for certain factions.

Shattered peaks

Moga inferno- Raider needs a limit of how many times it can trigger each turn, inferno also shouldn't have preparation 8 range and 11 damage for that price tag is kinda silly when he sits in the back nora genning the whole game.

Pack savagery- Shouldn't be a thing it's essentially a Bane Shift ton of free attacks for 40 nora, especially when kanen already don't have an ap cap for fuel rage.

Underdepths

Imp strangler needs unequippable back

Altered lemure- That fat little imp needs a small cost bump

Goblin spellkaiser- Another one of those champs that does everything with no attack and is dirt cheap.

Grant action potion getting a small cost increase.

I haven't played sl or fs in a while can't say anything their.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Slipwater and Psychic Blast are both a bit too cheap.

Snaptooth Crypt should probably be +5 nora and only aoe 5.

15. Sokolov

Both Snaptooth Crypt and Hourglass will eventually goto AE5, but they will get +5 nora in the meantime either way.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  16. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

IS in blue so its unreadable, fighting the good fight.

17. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Are you firking r3tarded?

Makorov likes this.
  18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You know how easy it is to have all your barbarians with 8 defense? Aid Defense on her is crazy strong. Can you think of any other similarly costed abilities that fit her thematic elements? If so please tell me cuz I have been staring at the ability list looking for options.

19. super71

Changed it just for you good sir.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  20. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I'm well aware of Aid Defense being too good on her. Why not give it Defender so that people who play barbs could run the Barb Guardian with shroud, just to spice things up?