Nerf your own faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Jan 24, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Nerf all the witches.

Buff Korsien

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

So if I'm a split player...

Like, I did use to main SL, but it's been many months since.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Undertow - +5 and I'd still use it x2

Slipwater - +5

I've been trying to decide whether or not Swamp Thing or Songmaster should lose Water Front but can't decide. Tide Master and Ctharia should keep it.

Watershed Anchor or Circadian Vault could lose Water Front/Aura.

Circadian Templar - Too fast? - 1 speed +2 damage +4 hp?*

Yeti Curate - Remove Frost Aura?

Swap - +5

Frigid Barrier - +5 (Fiery Ambush should get +5 too)

4. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I dont know whats Op but attendants in combination with talgar and euan are really good. The damage you get from disarming brews is to good.

5. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

stop killing me ?

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

SL:

Coordinator could use a sandbag to get his cost around 5 nora up. Dunes manticore is really strong, but so is everything below 70 nora which is actually useful.

Skeezick ranged units get to stupid amount of damage very fast, I don't like them having primarily - ranged + tanks playstyle. Too many + dmg buffs are handed to skeezicks in general with warcry, commander and battlemaster on top of skeezick alliance. They used to be warcry-focused, but now they can have any buff they want.

I don't play draksars so it's hard for me to tell, but again, buff stacking will get their 8-9 farshot archers to 14+ damage, or punish 6 range flashblades for that matter. But I don't really know how much of a problem draksars are, maybe they're fine.

I hear dragons are op, but I'm not sure why. Perhaps rumblers are no longer a crutch rune which needs to be cheap and deal a shitton dmg for dragons to compete? I don't know.

7. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Why do they HAVE to be similarly costed abilities?
    Aren't we suggesting nerfs?
    Giving her weaken spells wouldn't nerf her at all,

Alakhami likes this.
  8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Ah yeah, my bad.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The point isnt to make a champion so it doesnt see play. As a 6 ranged champ, any LOWER costed abilities will be pounced on for efficiency purposes. Thus why you want something similarly costed. A proper nerf keeps a champion desirable while cutting out the harmful mechanics. In this case Aid Defense is harmful. You could just straight up remove the ability and force the player to take Heal or Cleanse but I doubt she would see play afterwards. There are better offensive options and better healer options so she would fall between the cracks.

Also I am kind of curious why people are always so adverse to IS ever receiving Weaken Spells. Maybe I am missing something. Literally every other faction with the exception of FW has ways of aplifying the effects of their faction bonus either with spells or abilities.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This actually isnt a bad idea. I dont think Defender fits her thematically though mechanically it could work. I would likely suggest reversing that and give her Shroud and keep the Guardian as the devender.

11. Sealer0

But not every faction has a way of negating effects of one aspect of the game entirely. If SL gives their champions defence bonuses they will still take damage from most attacks, apart from very very weak champions. On the other hand if IS is under the effects of weaken spells not only do they not get damaged by the majority of spells, they also aren't affected by any debuffs/additional effects, which eliminates plenty of spells from the equation. Whether that would be op or not, I'm not sure.

Ballballer likes this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

A fair point. Small followup question. If weaken spells was lowered to 2-3 damage reduction but was allowed to stack would it still be problematic?

13. Makorov

You can't be serious
    Slightly bumping up her cost would make her unplayable? She's a 70 Nora, 9 damage, 5-6 range champ with an interesting kit, and you're telling me that if, for example, her cost edged to 73/74 Nora she wouldn't see play?

Hell, if you wanted to give her Weaken Spells you should've just made a buff thread instead of posting in this one.

Everyone always wants their crap to be as efficient as possible. Maybe Sok should just design with that thought in mind.

14. Makorov

@Markoth
    And it's not just about Weaken Spells.
    You're literally buffing her for 1 more Nora, and trying to pass it as a nerf.

super71 likes this.
  15. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

The problem is that I think Draksar are mostly well costed (some you pay decently high even). The Flashblade takes time and set-up, the archer on its own just meh so you have to pay extra for the equips and other champs to buff, manticore I think is on a good spot cost wise.

I think some of the dragons do need looks at but honestly I haven't played them so I can't say much other than the dragon with inhibiting touch.... Inhibiting touch needs a duration

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I currently run 2 because along with Bastion you can make your champions unkillable. With either of the abilities I would run 1 at the most. If you have other suggestions please aire them. I genuinely dont have an agenda here. I think Aid Defense is too strong and there are not very many "shamanistic" abilities that run in the 8 nora range.

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Really? FW complaining about cliffing?

But OKAY, let's play a game. If possess loses cliffing I'll agree with Gale losing it as well.

18. Sealer0

It would be problematic in less situations than otherwise, but the logic still applies. On the other hand, I think weaken spells is at a good spot otherwise.

19. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@Markoth , how about not making every IS theme a buff stacking phalanx?

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Wait where did I say she would be unplayable? I just said she would get edged out by other options. I have no particular attachment to weaken spells (I also suggested other abilities) other than it falls under the criteria I said before. Shamnistic ability around the 8 nora mark. The reason I keep stressing 8 nora is that anything cheaper will make her more efficient than she already is.