Upcoming ranged champ nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scathex, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Scathex

Scathex Member

Sokolov just gave some preview of the planned ranged attacker nerfs and I thought this should be talked about more before it happens. He said most ranged champs would see about +4nora in cost or -4nora's worth of stats, and that he would start with champs with 5+range and work down. I was thinking I'd expand on that and see what people think about this.

champs with range 4-5 - +3nora
    champs with range 3-5 or 5-6 - +4nora
    champs with range 4-6 or 6-7 - +5nora
    champs with range 5-7 or greater - +6nora
    champs that get to their range via empowered: range or with ammunition would only see something like +2-3 nora

I do think ranged champs should be more severely penalized for greater range, but dont know if that scale would be too wide or something.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It probably won't scale that way. It'll probably be ~4 for most things and that's that. You can expect in most cases costs to remain roughly equal and just effectiveness decreased.

Abilities that add RNG will be examined separately, this is regarding base stats only.

bambino likes this.
  3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Max range 4 units are hardly a problem, and range 5 units are not that bad either.

4. René Descartes

René Descartes New Member

Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it.

Alakhami, Sealer0 and Lushiris like this.
  5. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Such wisdom! Thank you fine philosopher sir.

Divide and conquer.

6. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I agree with the direction of the nerf, in the sense that I would rather see them less effective as opposed to just an increase in nora... we just wanna reign them in,, not shelf em.
    either way,,, pretty interesting stuff, , I personally think its a move in the right direction for pox.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wat about nerfing the fw faction bonus? cdr is broken af.

Vorian likes this.
  8. Sokolov

You are right. I will reduce it to 20%/10%.

Woffleet and yobanchi like this.
  9. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why u nerfing range again it's bad as it is

Vorian likes this.
  10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Tank the lards! Finally

11. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Don't nerf ranged remove from ranged ability like deep wounds multiattack and similar, rise nora cost will only shoeboxe most of them.

12. Sokolov

The goal is to align champion costs better to their DMG potential, and not just relying on the formula only.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

giving cdr at all is way overpowered, i think fw needs a new weaker faction bonus.

Vorian likes this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its funny because that wouldnt even have much of an impact on the fw faction. not much of a difference between 60% aned 20% cdr...
    fw has the best faction bonus ever...

Vorian likes this.
  15. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh why are you prioritising a range nerf when the FW faction bonus is a bigger problem? Seriously FWs faction bonus is so bad it might as well not have a bonus at all! If you were to extend the bonus to giving a cool down reduction to everything including spells, the FW Bonus would be decent...

Sealer0 likes this.
  16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Almost certain this is Vorian satirizing mw.

Well.

Maybe

17. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

because right now we are playing a tbs where the whole game is based on range and melee is nothing more then fodder .
    thats a problem

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

So what is going to happen in our new melee dominant world? Are strong melee factions (Moga, UD, Lonx) going to become ascendant??

19. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Name me some champs that are problematic with that range.

Sealer0 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

It seems silly to nerf range 2-4 or 3-4 champions and not nerf range 1-3 champions. I would generally waaay rather have 1-3 than 2-4 or 3-4.