A Warning to DoG!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Hey guys. Been a player and supporter of this game since 2009. I am telling you this, not to be a doomsayer, but to bring enlightenment from a player's perspective. I understand this game will perhaps not be around to much longer, realistically, but in the mean time I want it to run and run well. However, the only way for it to do that is if the players can get the runes they want/need. That means a utility like PoxBox is an absolute must for this game to continue.

Over the last two weeks, PoxBox has had some issues with trades not being delivered and such and that has caused quiet a bit of frustration trying to get said runes. It is clearly evident, despite what some players think about stores like PoxBox, that if it does indeed shutdown, this game's rune accessibility will come to a screeching halt. DoG, please, for the love of everything that is holy, if you want your game to survive for as long as possible, you are going to have to develop an ON SITE rune accessibility datebase or store, or whatever you want to call it akin to PoxBox for players to get ANY runes whenever they like. I know there are known issues with a "single rune store" but you can have people purchase owl credits that can be exchanged for Pox Credits and buy runes that way or whatever.

If PoxBox disappears so will this game's rune accessibility and it will wither away at a MUCH greater pace. This kind of feature supported by you guys may even help draw some players back to the game.

The rune forge is to hard to get shards and turns into a ridiculous grind fest that players like me are totally not interested in doing...
    The trade system is totally frustrating and ridiculously filled with sharks...
    PoxBox has given many, many players (I'd say 90% of Pox transactions are held through his site, unknown for sure though) rune accessibility...if it ends so ends the accessibility
    Come on DoG, you CAN do this! You MUST do this!

TL;DR If PoxBox shuts down so does this game's rune accessibility

Vorian, voodoov, Sealer0 and 5 others like this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Poxpoints

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Needs a bigger stock but yeah poxpoints is better than poxboz in pretty much every other regard.

4. Bondman007

Does that site work? Been down every time I've gone there. Regardless, DoG should do something about this potential problem anyways!

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This game will die without poxbox that is guaranteed!

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am trying to find out what is happening with PoxBox. Last I spoke to Decondor he was going to around for awhile, but actually hasn't been.

Leadrz likes this.
  7. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I am not even joking Sok as I and Bondman have said before, if poxbox dies this game will die unless you open up your own equivalent or even a Rune store... I mean I wouldnt mind forking out $4-6 to get the legendary I want, or $3-5 to get the exo I want...

8. Tweek516

Again.... Poxpoints

9. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

What we need is an open source pox trading engine so we can have a community run site. Otherwise at any time somebody could just get run over by a bus and the site goes down.

The original TCG model has morphed into more of a online f2play/f2not-grind/freemium model. The devs NEED to have a trading API so people can make a trading site not have to do some backward flipping with the web interface. Also an API for runes database so i can so Bane Shift like search for a shaman with heal.

I know you are short on dev time but APIs would allow you to leverage to community as a productivity multiplier so you can focus on game design and development while the community can do Bane Shift like trading and bg-sharing etc.

Bondman007 likes this.
  10. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Let me use this opportunity to announce this:
    I will not close down but I will launch a new website with a new trader (not automated like poxpoints but hella lot better and faster as now, I prefer not to fiddle with account information).
    The new website will be very flexible for me to add new functionality to, lke an automated tournament system (ooowh always wanted to make that).
    But eventually also full automation like poxpoints (including own runes on the site), image generation of owned battlegroups for forum posting etc

The base trader so everyone can move their account and credits will be ready if I get a few good days of hacking ( but those are hard to come by lately for me)

Bondman007 likes this.
  11. ButterFaceGirl

If it's not automated what would be the expected wait time before a trade is filled?

12. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Owh it is automated, but it will (at the beginning) not be that it will create and accept bids on behalf of the user (so giving your poxnora credentials) because I think the workflow I came up with is fast (and resilient) enough that there will be no need to give credentials.

13. Bondman007

Well, I for one am certainly glad to see you sticking around. I think your service is invaluable to the game.

14. Bondman007

Again, I have never seen the site up and running...maybe I missed it in its hayday...

Every time I try this link: https://poxpoints.azurewebsites.net/

I get 404 or whatever error...

15. ButterFaceGirl

I don't understand, you need to clarify.

16. Bondman007

What he's saying is that it will operate basically as it is now just faster...
    PoxPoints (when it is up) apparently asks you for your login information and creates and accepts the trade for you instead of you having to make the trade.

17. ButterFaceGirl

Um... yeah im not giving up my login/pw to a third party website.

18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You dont have to but can if you want. The automated process is purely voluntary

20. Tweek516

Fix the stock on poxpoints and I'll happily go there, prices are a lot better. As it is, PB is our only choice really.