Runes that are maybe good but probably aren't so has anyone tried them?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Nov 13, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Also

I feel like Mobilization is good, what do you guys think anyone tried it?

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Mobi x2 auto and anyone who says otherwise is just plain bad at this game. /shrugs

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Disagree on the 2x part. I 1x it out of habit, but sometimes a FW deck needs more niche options, and a 2x spell is the first thing to go.

fattyy2k and IMAGIRL like this.
  4. themacca

im so glad you're back <3

5. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Coward's Reach.

It has saved me a bunch of games by rendering some annoying ranged champ useless.

abrasax likes this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Is that a FW rune?

7. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

UD one.

8. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

the Kanen witch thing, but requires lots of DMZs....

cheap punishing aura though.

9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Reanimate.

10. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

also after watching teascholar, ive become a huge fan of 1x despoil

11. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Corruptor, Vampyre, Stitched Magician level 3, Dark Seductress, Korsien, Servitor and just maybe Mindflayer Queen (never played it to test it on the field)

12. Netherzen

Also soul reaver is good.I know FW folks dont like cleanse but it does offer the advantage of suprise.
    For 30 nora you get:
    Spot cleanse.
    Purified.
    AOE 5 defiled,cursed and branded for 5 turns.

Djangoguy likes this.
  13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

It's run in pretty much all FW bgs I thought?

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Seconded on corruptor. I understand it might be hard to get a kill, but if you do... Whew.

15. themacca

I think skeletal reaper is a severely underrated melee option, no defense but 52 hp and has scythe whirl and heals from nora globes for 67 nora. It's a pretty solid cheap melee unit that can deal great damage.

Djangoguy likes this.
  16. MakarovJAC

Decay, I rarely see people playing it which is an advance when you see all these annoying super healers not getting a damn. Specially when their BGs resolve around residual healing.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Have you been running it at all? Had any success with it? I've been clinging to Skull of Decay for dear life in this storm of healing, but if you think Decay is more powerful, I'd love to hear you explanation and experiences.

18. MakarovJAC

Well, Slag healing turns into "self-inflicted masochism" having a dude ir 3 dancing in slag terrain. Hilarious at best.

Also, elemental healing from Acolyte stops being a worry. And can make SP's and SL's healing a pain, specially when they retreat. Also, it makes player´s think twice before playing Fountain of Rejuvenation, Healing Lotus, Divine Favour and what not.

It all depends on the timing. Not playing it when you have the chance will only turn into a pain, and you would be better playing the cheap, and font contester Skull.

19. Netherzen

Plague trap/bag of filth are viable but strange anti-healing options.Yes,they are awkward and inconsistent but they are cheap as hell(trap-20nora,bag-25) and will in most cases do more damage then they cost in nora.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, saw that Dark Messenger was sub 65, so wanted to give him a try.

Results so far are... not promising.