My 4 Spiders

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Gnomes, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.JPG
    this is my latest change with the spiders, i was trying out sheul fire bow, hoping it would work with multi attack so i could put it on K'lzick and get high dmg ranged attacks, but its for a "normal attack" i am now trying the scorpic out because he has actually ok stats, and i did not like my deamonbarb much anymore. the scorpic has a 2-5 ranged attack, 3 armour, multi 2 and poison for 72 nora, so he is quite good to be honest. im thinking of adding another phasespider or deamonclaw but ill just keep testing.

Spiderfire.JPG SpiderInvis.JPG SpiderKatipo.JPG SpiderMetta.JPG

Here are my 4 spider bgs and their moduals.

first 3 are not really high rank worthy. but the last one is pretty nice.

first is a Fire / Arthropod theme. Since we have so many spiders with attack fire, and some fire synergy. The emberwasps dont have creep and crawl sadly, but they are arthropods so love to em. :D

Second is a module for invis spiders. Its funny to give your k'lzick or brood moms invis from the nightfall or from the spell shadow. and then have them pop out of nowhere with a arthropodfrenzie to pounce with 25+dmg i believe pull from weaver does not stop stealth but i cant be sure.

third is for the katipo poison from katipo and scorpic. it has some abilities to keep champs in place and such and things to keep my katipos alive but its not all to good a bg because by the time i do 4 hits most champs are dead anyhow... also only 2 champs have katpo poison. its probably better in a kthir split with time slip like @Authyrtyr mentioned.

the last bg is my main, and ive been having great sucsess. but like MW24 says, sucsess at low ranks dont mean all to much. if you go second you can put a champ down and a protect the nest and have enough for another champ next turn remember that! not if you go first. after about 13 min in if i was somewhat lucky with protect the nest draws. i have around 15 spiderlings out, and 6 normals spiders making my mass web do 30+dmg. i just put in the second arachnablade to go with my second void spider because i took ruby crawler out because he got a cost hype with the acolyte nerfs... always play the arachna blade on your more safe spiders like void spider and deamonbarb. so they dont die to fast. i might try a cinderpede instead of a void because he is 78 nora for either a super beefy tank or a 3-5 ranged multiattack champ. but then if i use mindslicer its meh. deamonshield for kl'zick always! and mandate to one round andy annoying IS heros easy... always do 60 dmg a round with mandate on broodmother for example.

anyway ask away for questions.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Tweek516, Bluebugs, Ifem21 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bluebugs

Bluebugs New Member

I have been working with arthropods a lot lately. I would really love to try these out, but I can't afford the more expensive spiders (I have k'lzik) like cinderpede, void, phase, etc. Do you have any extras to trade for non-UD exos/legendary?

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

you dont really need the others. cinder is not needed and either is void, phase spider might be good for the magic dmg though. and other then that K'lzick is the only other main champ, him and brood momys and weavers is all you need, the others are just there to stall to get your spiderling stampede going
    and phase/void are good at stalling, but so are others :D such as deamonbarb

4. Bluebugs

Bluebugs New Member

Thanks. I've recently fallen in love with demonbarb. Sandclaw is great, too.

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Yes sand claw is nice! As you can see i play quite alot of 1x spiders. And they all have a certain senerio where they are needed/preferd. Also flame web is amazing too instead of void. He is tanky imune fire which is nice for alot of maps. And he has 2 non auto attack abilitys. He is just amazing vs mele with damage shield

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Personally I'd drop a Weaver and add a second copy of the EXO Scorpion split guy who's name I can't remember in list 4. It's been too long since I played this game.

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Its a rare. And weaver has too nuch utility to give up. Pull on 2x2 is effectivley relocate ally because how wanky it is. But the mobility and relocate is what you need so your brood moms and k'lzick can get in and do dmg and get out again. Or pull then pov then arthropod frenzie. The scorpion is just an effecient anti range beater. And spiders have enough of em. Imo all :) you arr the master after all.

8. Authyrtyr

The scorpion is an incredibly efficient anti-range beater. I've always valued Weaver's global mobility higher which doesn't stack well. If the pull is working for you go for it but I highly recommend a 2 of the scorpion. If you mandate him he can faceroll pretty effectively.

9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Ya thats true with mandate. But to be honest every spider with a sudden mandate will do real well.

I prefer mandate on my champs with life siphon though such as broodmother, k'lzick helltick. If you put it on the scorpion, true he will have multi 3 and sick speed if your lucky but he will die quickly after. while the life siphon champs can get a bit more bang for their buck.

10. Authyrtyr

If that's not your speed you can demon shield him instead.

Gnomes likes this.