We need some ancient Egyption themes/races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LadyJava, Feb 2, 2016.

1. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

I know a few years ago I had a discussion about this on poxnora so was just wondering what everyones take on bringing in some other historical themes, the ancient egyption themes have always interested me, and it would be nice to see that on poxnora, theres a deep history of pharos, cats, sepants, sand, design, builders etc would be an awesome race or even a faction, SL does have the sand but doesn't mean it should be sl, the egyption style could be mixed through out factions.

????

Ifem21, Tweek516, IMAGIRL and 2 others like this.
  2. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I would be up for a new race. Similar to how the snap tooth have a Mayan/Aztec vibe

Qucas and LadyJava like this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

4. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

Sorry to say but that doesn't qualify as a theme and race of it there is no synergy to make something there, it has to work together and has to be enough to warrant at least in split faction.

5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I vote for FW sand theme with "Dryed Corpses", "Desert Spirits" and stuff like that

hfok, Qucas and fattyy2k like this.
  6. fattyy2k

If there was a FW/SL sand split I would be so happy.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Also voting for FW Khemri-Style

fattyy2k likes this.
  8. fattyy2k

So i have been inspired! ;)

In the mean time, what mechanics would make this split cool? Not a Death Benefit theme for sure but what would create it?

9. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

*Egyptian.

mortal ix likes this.
  10. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Kampel and fattyy2k like this.
  11. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

or the ancient far east, with samurai type swordman and wu-jen casters..
    asian style dragon for the SL...2×3 sq? hmm? lol
    many ghost and spirit lore for FW.

12. fattyy2k

Day 43 - The sun is bright today, although it doesn't seem any hotter that normal. Not much here in this region of the desert. Not much other than an occasional Tardigrade, nestled in the sand. I don't understand why the Commander sent me out here.

The Draksar looked up from his journal, his hood providing some shelter from the heat and winds. Putting his book away, he reaches for his spear, ready to continue scouting the region. There was a lot of ground to cover and he only had a few weeks to do it. So far, however, this entire scouting expedition felt like a waste. He always followed his orders though.

While scanning the horizon, he caught the glimmer of sunlight reflecting off of something in the distance. Probably nothing, but he needed to scout that are anyways. As he got closer, he started to get an uneasy feeling in his stomach. When he arrived, he discover the reflective object. A gauntlet. Ancient Elsarin. What the pox was an Elsarin armor doing here? We were no where near any major battlement nor the Valdaci border. Again he got that feeling.

As he began to investigate the area, taking cautionary measure just in case this was some kind of trap, he came upon a small group of tall rocks. It was a perfect area to hide in, he thought. As he crept closer, he noticed the rocks were abnormally smooth and geometric. They seemed to be carved in rough animal shapes, worn by the winds and time. Staring between the rocks, he saw what looked to be a door to something resembling a mine. It had runes carved into the sides and top that were neither old Valdaci not Ancient Elsarin. Again.. That feeling.

Gripping his spear, he began to approach the door when the ground began to crunch... Looking down he realized he was walking on skeletons and other corpses. They had a fresh rot to them, but they had been barely covers by the desert sands. Serkan's army had been here. In a moment of instinct, he jumped back, spear ready, searching for whatever had laid waste to the small force of undead.

At that moment, a bellowing sound came from the door. It was as if an empty throat shouted through a deep cavern. At that moment the sand began to shift.. He knew from experience as a Dunewalker that shifting sands and never good if you didn't cause them. He turned to retreat but the stones had begun to move. They began to resemble giant half-men and half-dragon. Not Draksar, no... They lifted concealed giant blades from under the sands and turned on him. Barely dodging the first Guardians attack, he thrust his spear into the cracks of what he assumed what the chest. He spear stuck, and pulling to get loose it broke, shattering the Giardians front body.

What is this? Inside these rocks are skeleton? What is this magic? He heard another sound an looked towards the door. What he could only assume was a man, well over 6ft tall stood in the doorway. A golden mask covered his face, but his eyes burned with a green fire. He reached forth he hand and let out another bellowing cry and the Guardian moved again.. This time he knew he couldn't escape...

13. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

FW/SL Anubis please.

Xirone, Kampel and fattyy2k like this.
  14. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

15. fattyy2k

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg These are images that inspire me to think of sand mages with reanimation magics

PoxBattleMaster, Kampel and Qucas like this.
  16. fattyy2k

Btw I love this

LadyJava likes this.
  17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]
    Egyptian Sand Sharks?

Vorian, Kampel, Qucas and 1 other person like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lol

19. Bluebugs

Bluebugs New Member

Screw that, let's get Sumerian!

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No! Let's go Indian! I want Chakram-wielding ... something-men! Shame tigers are taken ...

19madfox95 and Vorian like this.