Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Good point, I'll leave it as is without Combat Awareness 1. I'll ruminate a little longer on Void Shield, though.

3. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Floating Ice ball

This relic has nora gem, chasm walker, and chilling frozen luminescence when an enemy comes into 4 spaces it becomes chilled 3 and frozen 2. Basically a amped up ice statue with out ap loss. 35 or 40 nora

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Frost Wing
    Race strig
    nora 80

Attk - Frost HP 52, spd 6, Dmg - 10, def -2, rng 6-7 (need to get beyond those big strig)

Core abilities, Freezing aura, boon of the wind, star shine, prestige, flight

u1 grant frost aura, swoop, chill 3

U2 - majestic 2, frost armor 3, crystalize

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

How did you come to that total cost? Like that is worth waaaay more than 80 points. It also is super ADD for abilities. Why would a champion that is usually that far away going to need Freezing Aura or Frost Armor? Or Swoop for that matter.

6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I like the Unicorn.

I've always wanted to have a champ with shielded and impenetrable. The abilities make sense...unicorns having a history of being resistant to magic, symbols of purity, and being able to 'dispel evil magics'.

Although one of the most iconic unicorns in film history was disabled with poison. (Legend).

7. kagebunshn

Even She-ra was manlier than this guy...He's wearing a harness for God's sake...

image.jpeg

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Thats not a lion mate

9. kagebunshn

image.jpeg You can't prove he never mated with a lion.

If he was a real life creature, he most likely would be a Liger with a color mutation. (Skipping the part where he is a talking, transforming cat).

Biologically, lions and tigers are nearly genetically indistinguishable.

10. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

There is a number of abilities that exist, but were removed because I had built a Trickdeck around them.
    Those abilities might still exist (?).
    Maybe we could reintroduce those abilities, given that they still exist, if the combo that broke them doesn't work anymore.
    Just in case you have an idea for those abilities, here are some of them:

Volatile
    Deals 55 damage to your Shrine on deploy, unless you have a Champion in play of the same faction.
    It used to be on Champions with Initiative to keep them from being deployed as first Champion;
    the ability was removed after I exiled my Pox Harbinger and Blinked it twice, which killed my Opponents Shrine.
    Now with Exile gone, the ability should not be too problematic anymore.

Nature's Balance
    Used to give one player 15 Nora when a Summoned Champion came into play for the other player. I equipped two opposing Champions with Cloak of Ice,
    which gave Propagate: Ice Block. At that time, FF Heroes could be used in Split Decks, and Bliss the Muse reduced all spell cooldowns to 1. Damaging the eqipped Champions resulted in Nora gain, which was amplified by Forced Nexus and Centaur Regulator. The result was an unbounded Nora combo. CorpsE removed the 15 Nora line from Nature's Balance to nerf the deck and now FF Heroes are no longer usable in split decks.
    Nora abilities are always dangerous, but Cloak of Ice lost Propagate: Ice Block, Heroes may no longer be used in split decks and Creativity got nerfed as well; so maybe this ability may come back now.

Diplomat
    When a Champion with Diplomat was in play and another Champion with this ability came into play, all Champions were pacified for 2-3 turns. This ability has been more or less been replaced by Annex by now and was removed after I made a deck that kept cloning Woodland Diplomats. Maybe it got removed a little later, it's a long time since then.
    I don't know if this is an ability that's fun to play; but it might still exist nonetheless.

Wisdom/???
    Wisdom reduces the cooldowns of spells by one when the Champion comes into play. There used to be another ability that reduced spell cooldowns when the Champion was destroyed. Both abilities were on Almsgiver (that champion used to be awesome). Back then Sacrifice refunded 100% of the Nora Cost, so I could use Almsgiver and Sacrifice with Altar of Votaev (which was not limited to Demon cooldowns) to cycle through all my spells, spamming Marsh Songs for a huge Nora advantage; Sacrifice has been changed since then and Altar of Votaev has been changed as well. Maybe those abilities are save now.

Add Charge
    An ability that gave a charge to another Champion. It used to be on Cyclops Stormcaller; I'm sure I wasn't the only one to use this for good effect, but maybe this ability could come back if it comes with an appropriate drawback.

Hero
    As mentioned above, it used to be: This Champion loses 15 life when you play a Rune of a different faction as this one. This was fun when you could Blink Illusions to make them real, which resulted in 3+ Grimlics in UD/IS. This ability might come back under a different name for non-hero Champions, as a way to say: Use this Champion in FF only.

(might edit in some other abilities later)

Tweek516, Bellagion and IMAGIRL like this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I might be in doubt whether to argue about the base abilities or not, but I'm positive the upgrades are insane.

First, Void shield would be too strong on a champion that can't be dispelled by Dispel, has purified and Shielded. Not to mention this is the faction with the Protection spell.

Second, Void Touch cannot be on a 7(6 base) SPD champion with relocation abilities( yes, the whole U1 line), that's basically giving FR to KF.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

that volatile trick sounds lol as Firk.

However im still suspicious of every request you make haha

Lushiris and Tweek516 like this.
  13. kagebunshn

Hekatian voidraker is 70n for 15 damage, 6spd, 1-2rng, unstoppable, and has void touch AND void shield, in a faction that likes to run Rapid Assault and Relocate:Demon. I disagree with your comparison to FR. That would be like saying Ancestral Anger GIVES UD FF BONUS TO ANYONE! (omg, its so much scarier in all caps!). For starters, the choice would probably be charge or teleport(phantom dash is a terribad ability), neither of which are basic attacks. To fit your narrative, unicorn would need to start the turn within 3 spaces and burn a full 11 AP, or burn 12+AP to move or teleport into range and still get 2 attacks. I would say either of those scenarios would be difficult/unlikely, however 1 attack is probably reliably achievable. Compare to Crown of Petals or Shimmering Flower or one of several ranged champs with Distract that could be attacking from many spaces away. It's OK, but not particularly strong, because it is usually either amazing or inconsequential.

Unstoppable, Shielded, and Impenetrable are all fairly comparable (and close in nora costs). Any 2 of them combined probably deserves a +3 or 4 positive adjustment for ability synergy(basically double price for the 2nd). Access to all 3 abilities simultaneously should be prohibitively expensive and/or impossible. The only champ I have ever seen with all 3 abilities was pre-vamp Icesnap with rage band who mimiced a premonitioned Menalaus....of course he had also mimiced a Experimental warspirit with TFB...so yeah...All those runes except rage band has been heavily nerfed.

6spd with 2 range is pretty darn close to 7spd 1rng. voidrakers 2 Def 48hp is pretty close to unicorn 0Def 54. Overall I would rate the pony as slightly better, which it should be for 8-10 more nora. It's a worse beater than raker, with stronger defense, but not actually any tankier.

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Phantom dash is great, but I feel like this is getting off topic.

15. Lushiris

Except Ancestral Anger is temporary, and gives Berserker which has a negative ability. And you forget KF has an insane amount of AP gen. Void touch is PERMANENT. Not to mention it's a spell, while Void Touch is an ability, which fundamentally are way different things.

When I talk about these ideas I try looking at the bigger picture; I see all the healing and defensive mechanics KF has, with all the mobility it can grant. This Unicorn has high damage, a very good defensive ability, and relocation abilities. I already don't like it just because it does a lot more than most champions. Also a good question would be, who can solo it? Don't forget Precision makes Void Touch impossible to fail.

Champions don't need an array of super powerful abilities to be flavorful, that's a common mistake IMHO.

16. Xirone

After reading your thoughts, I do agree Void Shield may be too much on top of the other protective goodies. Part of the flavor is that he's "untouchable" but I think he does need to take full damage from basic attacks. Void Shield is out. I'll leave Void Touch for now, though, because the champ's offensive abilities don't seem that far off from Voidraker. If the ability is deemed "okay" on that champ then it should be deemed "okay" on certain other champs. Void Touch shouldn't be given out too freely, though!

Edit: To answer your question about who can solo it, he would be a tough one to take down in a one-on-one battle. Now with Void Shield no longer an option for upgrades, anything with a strong basic attack will do well. Majestic would also neuter the champ. Of course, in a mid-font battle, he'd be somewhat susceptible to being focus-fired upon with basic attacks (once again, he takes full damage from basic attacks). KF's spell set would work nicely on him, which would need to be watched.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  17. Xirone

Battle Unicorn (Final Edit)
    [​IMG]

Race: Beast | Class: Demi-God | Size: Small | Rarity: Exotic | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A male unicorn stands in a forest's clearing. He has noticeable muscles, arcane tattoos, and mystic enchantments (see above picture for basic inspiration)
    Flavor-Text: A wild unicorn is a fierce beast to behold. Its mystic enchantments ensure its survival in even the most dire of situations.
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: 76-80

Champion Stats

DMG: 12 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 54

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical- This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Impenetrable- This champion can not be the target of abilities your enemy controls, including non-basic attacks. This does not include basic attacks.
    Precision- This champion's attacks cannot miss and ignores the effects of Evasive and Reflexes.
    Purified- At the beginning of your turn, this unit is Cleansed.
    Shielded*- This champion may not be the target of opposing spells.

Upgrade Path I

Charge 3- This champion moves 1-3 spaces in a straight line through non-Impeding terrain and makes a close-combat attack at +3 DMG. CD: 2, AP: 3
    Phantom Dash- For 1 turn, the next time a friendly champion makes a successful basic attack against target champion within 6 spaces, this champion is relocated to the closest available space to that champion. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Teleport 1- This champion is relocated to target space within 5 spaces, and loses Rooted. CD: 1, AP: 4

Upgrade Path II
    Dispelling Blows- Any champion successfully attacked by this champion's base attack is Dispelled.
    Illuminate- When this champion successfully damages a unit with a basic attack, that unit is Illuminated for 4 turns.
    Void Touch**- When this champion successfully hits a champion with a basic attack, the attacked champion loses an ability at random (this does not remove basic attacks).

*Shielded could be replaced with Warding to make him even more "hands-off." I'd like to see how he'd do with Shielded though, first.
    **Void Touch could be replaced with something like Essence Capture or Sunder, or Twisted Essence, if need be. The idea is that the second upgrade path is dedicated to disenchanting effects caused by contact with the Battle Unicorn's magical horn.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  18. kagebunshn

I vote for giving it 2 pts of defense and lowering hp to 50. It kinda wants to be tanky.

Instead of void touch, we could go Healing breath. Kf been begging for many years for a viable HB champ. If they will never give us 1x1 forest dragon this would be a decent replacment. For that matter, revere: thirion would make sense on this too.

19. Lushiris

I didn't do any math, but I suspect your suggestions would put it at least at 90+ nora. And honestly there already are 2 Revere Thirion in KF, that's enough.

20. Xirone

Yeah, Healing Breath is expensive these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.