What are some underused spells in your faction that are/could be pretty good

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I use it in my frost BG, other than that ST is pretty tight for spell space.

Lushiris likes this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is probably because there are many worthy options to include in KF but I really like Naturalize. There are a number of times when 15 damage to relics and summons in a large area is quite useful. It seems like whenever I take it out I run into an opponent that uses Minefield and then I put the spell back in.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

My factions FW and there is a ton of underused spells that are super good.

Soulbane, 15 flat Loss of life and curses everything on kill for 40 nora
    Dead Zone voodoo. Potential Draw win and great staller
    Obelus, Ouch
    Anathema, dont know why everyone forgot about this, but decaying and defiled+12 damage is great. FW players never use it anymore for some reason.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ur high every FW player uses Anathema lol.

IMAGIRL and Ballballer like this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i have not seen a single player cast anathema in over a year

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Battle fatigue!

IMAGIRL and fattyy2k like this.
  7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

The last few times I have played a FW player in rank they have Anathemad my ass. My poor pirahnids. :(

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

KF:

Poisonquill trap - Not a spell but spell like effect. 25n for 8dmg and a shadowspawned relic.

Also, Lethologica - seriously remove ponderous from this and I eill run it in every single one of my bgs.

But...
    Overall, False Orders. Seriously this spell should be auto, its incredible.

9. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Mercy is a sweet spell especially when in combination with chopping blocks/ soul harvester/ zombie plague etc. Definitely under-rated.

Pattn199 and IMAGIRL like this.
  10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

If Lethologica does exactly what is said in description, I'm not sure why you would want Ponderous removed.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ha! Was wondering when you'd show up here recommending Mercy.

Lushiris likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Now that I think about it, this spell would see far more use if it was split with UD. Hell, even Kiergana herself is split with UD.

13. Tweek516

Because I'd want to cast it on my own champ. Casting in on an opponents champ is situational and gives them too much control.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Red sand can be pretty good

15. Lushiris

The distract only works on friendly champions. Why would you want your own champions distracted?

16. Tweek516

It's description is wrong and outdated. It grants incoherent babbling, which makes all champs within 3 spaces distracted.

Ballballer likes this.
  17. Lushiris

That's why I said "if it does exactly...". Anyway, has it ever worked like the description says?

18. Tweek516

Incoherent babbling got changed a while ago. Can't remember when.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  19. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

Lay bridge, not even really joking tbh. I used to run it ~50% of the time back in day, since no one else ran it no one was ever expecting a DK to charge across a gap where you thought you were safe and hammer you in the face. Unfortunately I tried to use it the other day only to discover that lay bridge no longer lay bridges over chasms. Hm.

I still love Dwarven Axe Guards despite having to choose between riposte of sunder now ;__; I used to love people trying to get around those little bastards and getting -8 armor doing so between opportunistic attack, block + riposte plus normal hits. They're still decent against heavy melee.

Lushiris and IMAGIRL like this.
  20. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Spontaneous Growth if there was a viable champ with Spellsurge: Spontaneous Growth.

That they bothered to update an icon recently, I hope the next set utilizes it. Don't think the ability has ever existed so it stood out a bit!