This game has no way to comeback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Feb 9, 2016.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Right on, no worries if you can't find it

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Revengercm, Today at 5:17 AM

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

4. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

If it's over and there's no way the game will come back... how will you be back in 2-3 years?

Lushiris, BurnPyro and JellyBerry like this.
  6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Plenty of room for pox to grow still.

They need a regional map connecting the campaigns and territories in a way that new players can easily see. Completing a mission is fine, but what if instead you felt like you had explored a piece of a vast continent? Sure its just a highlighted section on a map, but it gives a MUCH bigger feeing of accomplishment.

7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I love you pox,SoK,and DOG :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gnomes likes this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Independent BG upgrades?!?!

9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

When i asked one of the greens about it,he said we should have more then x2 rune if we want different upgrades for bg.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

thats what i do

11. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

Sort of like how i have 2 computers so i can play pox and go on the internet at the same time.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ha, that is completely unethical. But, as we have said there are long term plans for Pox Nora. Unfortunately, the back end work that the game needs takes time and can not be rushed, but we are in this for the long haul and not a short term cash grab. We are taking the feedback from players coupled with our own ideas and working on multiple fronts to make Pox Nora live up to it's full potential, but that takes time.

Tweek516, Gnomes, badgerale and 3 others like this.
  13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

if it helps at all. im trying to convince vaatividya to get into this game. if i can get him to try it out he's got like 500k subs who all take his word pretty highly. If he likes it and makes a vidya about it your servers will probably get overloaded haah

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Word of mouth is one of the best forms of marketing indie games. It's good to hear you are able to get some higher profile people interested in Pox. We have had a few other streamers who have done much the same thing.

15. Arghas

Arghas New Member

hmmmn....sokolov is back....guess so am i.. haha. (nice i still have my max icon)

but kidding aside, the player base has always been on the lower end side; its rather quite a niche market. I personally think that the gaming market (I'm no longer in the industry hence i have a softer tone), have all shifted to the portable device, iPad/tablet,, etc. and in order to capture the mass market, this would probably be the only other avenue. (we've tried steam before; although it was a success, i think we weren't quite ready back then)

I would definitely be willing to invest in making this iOS, likewise, i think a lot of the players here would as well too (ala kickstarter). There is one little "trend" that i do notice though, and that the mass market game has progressed to "bite-sized" gaming, so I'm not really sure how that would come to play with pox. Games nowadays tend to be fast reward/fast wins, pox, at its fastest, is like 3-5 mins, vs. others which are at most 1 min per match.... (i blame kids wanting fast rewards). So we have that to consider too. Pox is definitely more "hardcore" in terms of depth of knowledge needed to excel, and not necessarily pockets.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Welcome back. I don't recognize your name, did you have a different one in the past?

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Game length in Pox is certainly an issue - some of is more perception and variability than anything. The fact is Pox is a slow paced 15 minutes even at is quickest makes it feel longer sometimes because the action isn't continous, while it's possible a game goes on for 60 minutes.

If we were to design and make a mobile spin off of Pox, it'd probably be designed quite differently. Real time PvP tower defense kind of thing? Deploy and champs rush the shrine with various stats/abilities? Games would be specifically designed to be 5 minute or less, certainly.

That said, simply porting to mobile IS an option, I would just temper expectations for that in terms of actual results.

18. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It could be that there is a market for longer mobile games.

19. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

There isn't, because most mobile games are played while you are waiting for your bagels which takes exactly 5 minutes comprende?

Gnomes likes this.
  20. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Its not like nobody at all will play it. We shouldn't sacrifice what poxnora has always been about in the wake of a need for players. At that point it's akin to ourselves whoring ourselves out. Keep pox how it is, and people who like that sort of thing will find their way.