This game has no way to comeback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This game has no way to comeback.

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I admire you pede, you're such a badass. Sometimes I cry in a corner and wish that I would get respect irl just like you, so i could come on poxnora forums and tell it to people.

Poxjedi, Netherzen, Heart and 2 others like this.
  3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I do comprende that, but the key word is 'most'. Out of such a gigantic potential pool you don't need to appeal to that saturated 2 minute games market, even a niche market for longer games is still potentially massive.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Sealer, I do not doubt that, at all.

Sealer0 likes this.
  5. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

yes the good ole 'there's 100 billion out there we only need to get 0.001% of it!!!' argument.

still though, if you can't get 200 players to play pox nora on PC, you won't get 200 on mobile, this game is not mobile friendly. mobile games need to be short and dumb.

6. Arghas

Arghas New Member

Nah same, i think i played from the start till 2011 or 2012, then i had to go to china, and SOE, had all china IPs blocked (i think also vpns)-so i had to stop (they got hacked from china). Maybe u started around 2011-2015? dang, its sure has been a long time. My "biggest" credit to this game i think is Korona's casting cost i think...i lobbied for that one hard core. I'm the UD that plays long game, and always use Maxx.

Randomly i checked the site this year, and i saw sokolov, and i knew it was time to get back, among all the devs, sokolov is the most reasonable one.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I started in 2007, just after Shattered Peaks expansion was released.

8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Good time to come back. Maxxy is as playable as ever.

9. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Well, I am a long standing pox player, many years, but recently had a huge break.

I don't know why I haven't come back and played, I love the game, I love playing the game and the constant changes, even the lowish player base (due to it being a niche) game doesn't bother me.

I think it's because, games drag, if games don't last long, as said before, they still feel like they've lasted a lot longer.
    It takes a while to get into each game (as people need to play for fonts, then they contest middle font with stealth champs and relics etc.) eventually your force has built up and in 1 turn either get stormed or be stormed by their champs and generally the games decided then, its a lot of ramp up to the climax of the game that generally doesn't last particularly long (or if you get a turtle game you just want to die).

I wouldn't really know how to increase the game speed (possibly have deck size back to 20).
    but it just feels very slow paced, I haven't played in awhile so I could be mid judging this, but that's what keeps stopping me coming back >.<

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Actually grants relocate demon to nearest friendly on deploy. its great

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

There was no sarcasm involved.

12. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

... or you keep the original pox for mobile but somehow limit the runes and rune complexity enormously for the Android/ios versions. Plus you change the game back from the two fron war thing to more rush/offensive based, so games can be 10-20 min long. And limit game turn, nr of runes in game to 20 etc. And change the rules of the runes allowed for mobile so they are not promoting build up long games.

And most of all, remember many Android/ios devices today are just as powerfull than many of the PCs were back in 2007. U dont need to make the game work on every small device.

13. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

you still get problems of screensize and touch precision i.e. your touch is not as precise as a mouse cursor. also they will have to balance 2 games and debug 2 games. also most mobile games have to be able to be paused at any time.

it just wont work

14. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Pox will always be in my eyes the best strategy game there is. Sometimes I need a break, but I'm always coming back. Guess I'm addicted to Pox in a good way. I spent a lot of money on the game, since I love new cards and like to support the game and I never once regretted doing so. I hope I can still play pox in 20 or 30 years when I'm retired old man. Much love from me to the devs(even if I sometimes don't agree on balance decision) and to the community.

Poxjedi likes this.