How do I get cards from The Ronin?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Almoravid, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Almoravid

Almoravid New Member

I have lots of cards from all previous expansions up to the Desert Owl phase.
    How do I get cards from the Ronin or the other non current Desert Owl expansions?

I bough 50$ of owl coins, but I cannot figure out how to get myself Coalitions, Path of Delim etc ...

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

They are just kind of in extended boxes now. Your best bet is probably to trade old stuff into pox box. Alternatively buy a mega-box and do the same. You will probably get the best trade value out of the newest set.

Lushiris likes this.
  3. Almoravid

Almoravid New Member

That is terrible.

Qucas, SPiEkY and Sealer0 like this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You can also forge them with shards.

5. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Forge the runes you need with shards, or trade for them.

6. Almoravid

Almoravid New Member

Thanks for your advise guys, but these are all poor solutions.
    It is extremely odd that packs cannot any more be purchased that relate to specific expansions.

Bellagion and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

We know bro, you are speaking to the spoken to. Unfortunately, without a 3rd party site, you are forced to use the ever invaluable trade system (sincerely, good luck with that) or the forge system. Hope you have tons of extras to shard for.
    Honestly, your best bet is poxbox.net.
    Good to have ya tho!

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, I don't know why we can't buy packs from specific expansions anymore, but I also dislike it.

Kendoshi and Qucas like this.
  9. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

Because if you can buy from expansion seperately, there will be 20 entries in the marketplace, which is confusing and bad UX.

If you want specific runes, you need to use the forge or trader.

10. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Anything specific you need?

11. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

The same question from me - Ill help you out if I can- Or trade you some runes without ripping you off.

12. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I understand that might feel that not having the ability to buy older rune packs is horrible, but even if there were available (@ Vision's current price), I wouldn't buy them, nor do I think you should.

The runes in the newest Expansion have a far higher value than those of the older expansions, so assuming the prices are the same, buying a pack of Visions will get you far far far more older runes than buying a rune pack of the older expansion.

The only solution I could see being implemented is allowing the newest expansion runes to be sharded at rate close to their Forge Cost (ie forge for 500, shards for 400-500). You still wouldn't be able to forge a new expansion rune, but you could shard a new rune and use the shards to make an equivalent rarity old rune. Even then, there is the possiblity of abuse as people shard their current expansion runes just before a new expansion is released.

Bascially, like everyone has already said, you should buy the Newest Expansion and use Poxbox or the trader to get what you want from the older expansions. You will get much better value that way.

Sealer0 likes this.
  13. Almoravid

Almoravid New Member

I really like to build all kinds of theme decks, so I want to trade for the commons and uncommons from the last 3 expansions before the current one.

I purchased a box of "Amaranth" and have many of the more common cards in that set if anyone needs them.
    DO people still trade in commons?
    There was a time when we just gave them away to noobs.

14. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Maybe add older expansion packs with a bit of discount up for sale, every week another expansion from the extented set pack. This could help the players that really have 0 or almost no runes of that expansion. An option more is always better in my opinion. New players are a bit uncertain when it comes to offsite traders, I know I was at the beginning.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, they could just do like a drop-down menu type selector on the Extended packs to give you the option to choose a specific expac or something

16. Almoravid

Almoravid New Member

Right now, for a new player, it's a bad experience.
    Getting an 'extended' pack has so much content variance, it provides almost no opportunity to build a deck with what you get.
    So many varied races, themes and special stuff, finding synergy in a box of cards spread all across expansions, is just not going to happen.

Back in the day, you could buy a box of Grimlic, and if you did, you had enough cards to do the synergies and combinations that was in that set.

What do you do with a Tortun, some elves, a garu and a couple of wizards and treefolk?

17. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

There really should be faction packs.

super71 and Sealer0 like this.
  18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I think if pox added faction packs and made new user experience a bit more friendly it could become a big hit -> pretty much every fantasy card game around uses this stupid hearthstone system where you get a bunch of Bane Shift you don't want and have to craft what you actually need. Being able to get stuff you want would be a big + for poxnora.

SPiEkY and doubtofbuddha like this.
  19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Faction packs are never gonna happen even though it would easily generate pox a lot more cash.