This is actually a nerf thread after losing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The only problem I have with nerfing them is summon counters in their current state being pretty harsh/not easy to play around. Sever summons kind of shits on the whole theme.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Sever Summoned is on 4 champions, 2 of which aren't even remotely good outside of very specific themes.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Didn't it use to be everywhere?

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Don't think so. People just used to think it was more important to have anti-summon than they think now, so it showed up more because of that.

5. doubtofbuddha

No. It was only ever on 4 champions.

6. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Champions with Severe Summons should just have it replaced with Shatter Summons, maybe change it so it's AoE 5.

7. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

[​IMG]
    The periodic nerf whatever tiny is playing thread.

8. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Nerfing them too hard would result shoeboxing the theme. Playing aggressive helps vs Mynx drone spam, since the champions that can summon them are usually not the type who deal the most damage themselves.
    It's a snowbally theme, obviously its strong on big maps. Personally I think they are in a good spot. Maybe decrease 1 damage from them, since they have charge, but more would be too much(and that is even up for debate).

9. Alakhami

Eh, how do you charge them when they outchamp you with summons and 15 dmg 6 range multiattack unit, along with poison clouds from Krikkenwing Alpha and Locust Swarm from Locust? There's no real way to rush them, you can only outplay myx in the late game relying on AoE damage or champions that have attack type defensive abillities, since myx lack alt dmg.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  10. Kendoshi

What I meant by aggressive playstyle is to not turtle vs them and let 2-3 mynx drones be on the field at the same time, I didn't mean just rush them blindly. Try to engage the enemy rather sooner than later, that helped me when I played vs Mynx. I know that isn't possible every game, like you can't win every game, but that general strategy against mynx helps a lot(in my opinion).

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I agree on a combination of making brood bond more rare and/or nerfing lay myx pupae in some way that may be increasing the cd or the turns it takes to hatch.
    When myx came out, the only way to make them work was slapping brood bond on everything, but now there are more variety and we can afford to difference between "soldier" myx and whatever we want to call the others.

Sealer0 and Alakhami like this.
  12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yo @IMAGIRL , can't find it atm but link in that redesign of myx thread. Seems a good time to bring it back up :)

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It in my signature. Hold on.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Myx Redesign - (Zerg)

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

Young Myx Drone op? What's next?

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Slags and Zombies.

17. doubtofbuddha

Bile Zombie. Always Bile Zombie.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If I could nerf one thing in Myx, it would be Myx Broodlord. I'd make it lose Consume cause it's not like i'm one turning that ***** any time soon.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  19. Alakhami

Tell me, how do you play agressive when you're the one getting rushed?

20. Kendoshi

You can't of course. I just see the matchup in favor of the mynx player if he is turtling, thats why I suggested playing aggressive. If he rushes you, thats a good thing in my book. Single drone and 2-3 champs that rush you are easier dealt with than a long game with multiple drones to fight against at once.