After 5 years.........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baghera, Feb 11, 2016.

1. baghera

baghera New Member

Been gone for 5 years, thought I'd check out ol'Pox. After jumping through some hoops (with much assistance from support) got my account up.
    Sad to see so few playing, but a lot of good adds/changes. Been spending time mostly forging my excessive amount of runes to catch up with the new expansions.
    Still a great game, but still problem with PVP just not being that fun. Meta decks that just take the variety and fun out. Probably why no increase in player base. Play a few PVP, get slaughtered , go play something else.
    Single player is ok, but lacks pizzazz. Daily's are great as are rewards though.
    I bet most of you have hundreds of runes you have never used, at least very much. You see what the power decks have, copy, play, repeat, rank up.
    I get it, used to do it around 08,09, but then just started playing themed bg's. Using runes never seen in PVP. Got killed most of the time but started finding like minded players to have fun, interesting games, not so much about ranking, winning or losing, but just creative and fun bouts.
    All common, uncommon or rare rune bgs, themed, racial, attribute, element bgs where every rune has the name in title, lore or use of said theme, bg's built around a named character, things like that.
    Anyway if anyone wants to play those type of games, let me know. Got dozens and dozens of themed bg's ( though trying to update them is a bear, errr Garu).
    Guess I'll start re-working my ST/KF Ranger bg, or maybe my IS Priest or FW General Korsian.
    Peace,
    Baghera

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The balance team/dude has been gearing the game towards themes over meta, there are barely any random meta bgs around - just themes that are stronger or weaker.

So your complaint about meta bgs being dominant seems pretty strange to me. I play skeezicks, sl beasts and sl draksars -> all "themes, and I'm ok in most matchups. Sometimes I get crushed terribly, sometimes I crush others terribly that's how these games go.

Ifem21 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

That's how it goes for me.

Sealer0 likes this.
  4. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

as far as different modes of play,, I been wanting that for a bit,, com bgs, com-rare, highlander bgs,, theres so many unused cards, perhaps the requirements in an alt game mode might make players take a second look at some shoe boxed runes...

plus the change would spice things up,, at least a in tourney mode,, it might give lower budget players some competive footing as well..
    either way, all about fun.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That's taboo 'round here.

6. baghera

baghera New Member

Lets play then when you can. That's great that you play that style.
    In watching a number of games I saw very similar builds, using high end runes repeatedly, so that's what I meant. I don't mind using those runes, (I have quite a large amount), but when you see 3-4 legendary runes within 10 turns it takes the fun away from players without that rune pool .
    Anyways when you want lets play

7. Almoravid

Almoravid New Member

I also like theme BG's
    We should play some time.
    I have not played PvP since this desert owl reboot.
    Was happy to see some new Minotaurs and Firk and so much more. :)

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

The game is the least pay to win its been in a long time, legs aren't really necessary.

SPiEkY and Ifem21 like this.
  9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

The game is the least pay to win its been in a long time, legs aren't really necessary.

SPiEkY and Sealer0 like this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Legendary runes don't have as much value as they used to. Between tournaments, pack deals, etc. it's easy to increase your collection.

Also, the "similiar builds" comes from the lack of players. Back in 2014 there was about 200-250 players during peaks so that meant double the players, double the builds. There are more playable themes than ever before.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Indeed, many races and themes rely on non-leg based movement. Wings, for example.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I assure you I have over a 100 bg. Many of them based on weird ideas and themes. Yes I have used them in ranked. Some fail miserably while others oddly catch meta players off guard and yield wins. So many FS battle groups so little time. It is shocking how many sleeper runes exist in poxnora that majority of players ignore, because they are all whored out on meta decks. I hate meta bg too because that's all u see. Meta destroys creativity and promotes brainless robot strategy.

Ifem21, bambino and Lushiris like this.
  13. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I'm like this.

Have arround 50bgs of weird stuff, other 15 of themes. And all of them are Highlanders BG, I always use Highlanders. Also, I only play for fun, no ranking involved.

profhulk likes this.
  14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Highlander offers more variety and gives u more counters so it's easy to answer a player when he pulls his "counter or die" crap on you.

Ifem21 likes this.