Granted benefits should be regulated. Not excused.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MakarovJAC, Feb 15, 2016.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

So, when a spell grants 2-3 strong benefits, nobody bats an eye. But when a relic grants 2-3 full HP champs (weak champs though), everybody looses their mind!

Pretty much, and this is more likely to affect the runes I run than those where the problem is more noticeable, the whole thing is the number of benefits granted by using as few as 1-2 runes. As you see, when it comes to how long does the effect lasts, what's the effect's range, and how can the effect be dealt with, many of these effects will usually resolve around "do space in your BG for something which you probably don't have, and take off something you actually will use"-quite a number of effects comes to mind.

You see, I'm strongly against things like Provisions: Offense. This abbility grants a buff and an abbility to exploit it. One could say it's an interesting idea, but it on it's own also makes it retardledly exploitable depending on the options available. Curiously enough, a fairly cheap thing which can be activated with stuff like equipments which increase damage over time. Or grant much needed detection. And can also be coupled with a champ with Encourage, in a bg with a champ with Whirl of Blades, you can easily middle finger your way quite easily.

Mostly because it is much more easy than say, Commander/Boost/Amplify/Surge which not only requires a lot of champs, movement, and what not. And are limited. Quite limited. Or how about abbilities which are overly powerful *cough*Majestic*cough* for extended amounts of time. Let's remember that some of these are uncleansable, and must be dealt with using a form of play which might not be the strenght of a faction it affects more.

As it gets more easily to ge benefits, then, it should equally easy to counter them. After all, if you match a champion with 6-7 abbilities (all of them quite powerful, synergic, and what not) with another champion which faction, and theme doesn't grant similar, or multiple ways to counter them, then just blatantly tell everyplayer to play the same faction. And save yourselves the hassle of creating 8 different factions where only 2-3 get the cheese, and the rest become obsolete.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, trying to parse this thread -- you think Salaman are too good?

3. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Actually, that's just an example. That's why I didn't blame any faction, but the fact that when plenty of abbilities are made easily obtainable, and poorly countered, it is unbalanced. Forglar Swamp if of the few Factions I believe are balanced, because they can be either incredibly good, or incredibly bad depending on the build up. But some themes and factions have it so easy, that having a 6-7 abbilities champ with plenty of synergy and buffs is just a matter of spending less than a 100 nora. Which contrasts with all the other builds requiring more than 2 runes to have a similar effect.