Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure they're scheduled for a rework?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Idk about rework but i'm pretty sure they're on his list for a nerf.

3. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Inspecter is definitely an efficient rune, but it is far from OP.

It has average stats and no sandbag abilities. Discovery is pretty close to a sandbag, though. The support really isnt there for lightseeker to see much use, so it pretty much just stops stealth for 2 turns.

Investigator is pretty similar. Average stats with no terrible abilities. It's best application atm is with covenant which gives it a very favorable range. But +30 nora should be making it more dangerous.

4. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Probably a noob question - but what are the other armament abilities?
    If it's the salesman ingenuities they already come with a range clause.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Your love for KF blinds you to balance.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah he's a huge zealot. Both champs could probably do with a small tap.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Aquatic/Savage Armaments

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Unlike the other buff based effects being moved to AE5, X Armaments are not permanent buffs and requires spending nora to activate.

9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

No. Armaments is basically as weak as an equipment ability could possibly be without being pointless.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

it by no means NEEDS covenant to be good. It already grants aura which is a super strong ability as well as generates nora thanks to illuminate. And Discovery pays itself off as the game goes by so also not a sandbag.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'd suggest raising the price. 3 nora for a global, but situational/duration buff, is pretty cheap.

12. themacca

@Sokolov Can the cooldown on Zarimahls Corrupt blast get lowered to 3 like all the other AOE attacks. Its high cooldown was fair enough when it had a max upgrade of 80% because it could do like 16 damage then but now it caps out at 55% which means it does no more damage than most other AOE attacks.

Netherzen likes this.
  13. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

is this not an issue with any deflect champ?

14. themacca

Can delay be changed to not give the refund until the ability is off cooldown? would make it a lot more helpful.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Replicate + healing has and will always be too strong.

16. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Also: split + healing.

Qucas and Ssharsted like this.
  17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Unequippable is -5 nora
    Merciful is -3 nora
    Inexperienced is -4 nora

I get that unequippable is an effect that works 24/7 or is "permanent" but not being able to kill a champ and missing every 3rd basic attack is pretty bad. Might just be me but I feel like that pricing is off. Would you guys want Merciful to be splashed around? I get that it's flavorful, but for -3 nora it's pretty bad.

I understand you can play around Merciful by simply not attacking last. I just wanted to know if you guys think those abilities are priced properly and if so, why?

18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Unequippable is really good because it also denies the opponent negative equips so it's not purely a drawback and it gives a big discount.

I think merciful is fine because it is played around very easily with both not attacking last and indirect damage.

Dunno about inexperienced, it's a decent drawback but not many champs will attack 6 times in an average game. Maybe it could use a bigger cost reduction.

19. themacca

I think its too easy to get around merciful hence the low reduction. Inexperienced should definitely be worth less than -4. And i feel like unequippable should be like 2 nora since it's also a defensive ability

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Also should mention that Stasis is -6 nora. That drawback only affects you negatively early game. If you drop it mid-late game chances are the negative effect of stasis won't hurt you more than Inexperienced or Merciful.