Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Not to mention, there's not much of a negative effect, since on turn 5 you have full AP of a 6 speeder.

Xirone likes this.
  2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Easy fix would be to not give them ap until stasis is over.

Other than that, I think that on any map with a middle font the opponent should be able to win it if you deploy stasis, because you use 70-80 nora for a backloaded effect and he can use that nora to actually win the font. That is, unless you can actually hold the font even without all that nora.

3. Alakhami

You're saying this as if such situation occurs so often that it justifies the big nora reduction the champion has.

4. Sealer0

Not sure if it does, all I see is fs dude with seism. Almost every time this thing is deployed and kills a relic, it's a worthy deploy because you get demolish/erode effect for 10 nora and -6 nora from stasis. Other champs I barely see at all.

Ssharsted likes this.
  5. Alakhami

I also see Elecroc kill everything on it's own. It's damage output is crazy and it can go berserk very easy in a faction with the most superchamp potential.

6. Sealer0

I wouldn't mind having elecroc with 7 speed and no stasis, it's just such an efficient unit on its own.

7. Alakhami

yup, I agree

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Sokolov I had a thought about this. Can Altar of bones be changed to have either no CD or CD 1. So that way we aren't forced to 2x it for it to not be the slowest build up in History.

9. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

sure lets do this but then it will give +2 dmg +6-8 hp and +2 def

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't understand how Homing Sense if 0 nora. You get a 4 nora ability + the benefit of relocating to the closest enemy within 5 spaces. The downside is easily negated when you have Mobility and can just spend 6 ap on moving out of range.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Vorian, Alakhami and Sealer0 like this.
  12. themacca

What? it doesn't give any defense. It will still only give 1 damage and 4 HP per sac it just wont require you to run 2 of the damn thing.

13. themacca

Just a thought. But maybe range would be less dominant if psuedo range abilities proceeded to be un-nerfed

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'm against pseudo ranged attacks being buffed.

mortal ix, Pedeguerra, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  15. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Ive had several games against SL where I have managed to use the homing sense to my advantage. Its typically been in the early part of the game where the champion with homing sense dont have any backup. The ability really can be a drawback so I think its fine that the abillity is cheap, although 0 nora might be a bit underpriced.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think Long Fuse Bombs from Risen Grenadier do too much damage.

All I can compare it to is Annihilate which is significantly weaker.

I also don't understand why it has a greater range than Call: Celestial Spear, is reusable, and costs the same nora as Summon: X abilities which can only be deployed to adjacent spaces.

Not to mention the actual relic (which sucks) only does 15 damage at most.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Xirone, Qucas and Alakhami like this.
  17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You've lost it.

This game's balance is a joke.

18. themacca

Soz i was drunk when i posted that

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Sok is your avatar art for the next exp? :)

@Sokolov

Sealer0 likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Mostly because it was done when things weren't standardized. I will put it on the list to review.

That said, the actual relic (as far as I know) is never used, suggesting the cost of the relic itself isn't really accurate (so the cost of the Summon isn't as much of an issue as it might otherwise be).

Lastly, compared to Annhilate, which is an instant AE and 5 nora less, Long Fuse Bomb is delayed, though it does do a good deal more damage.

I am not sure what this means in context of the rest of your sentences, and I also can't reproduce it. I just tested it and it deals the same damage as the summon (18 adjacent, etc. in the awkward manner that it does).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016