Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Slime Champ with Split, and Spontaneous Regeneration. Preferably in KF. Also, preferably green.

2. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Seen a lot of first glance comments. Anyone mind delving a little deeper and explaining their thoughts?
    Really want to know if people think it's A) Broken, B) How it can be fixed, and C) would you play it and why?

TBH I think the +10 Nora for balancing could be toned down to +5 or removed.

Also want to put things into perspective.
    https://poxbase.com/champion/848
    24 less life. 1 Less Def. Has no way to self heal. Can't be sacrificed. Can't attack. Has no attack to be ravished.

About Vengeful.
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/junk.20840/page-2
    Also
    https://poxbase.com/champion/187

Please someone show me how to break this champion as it currently stands. For it's stats. For it's nora cost.

Please use logic. Not pride.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Please stop. I don't like scary things.

I'll be in my corner crying.

Ssharsted likes this.
  4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Don't be defensive. I wasn't really offering an opinion on the champ, just that my first impression was that this would be a risky champion to make.

Cheap dread is always scary, nobody wants dread bgs to become OP - especially how indirect damage is being nerfed.

Personally, I think there are many avenues for abuse for this champ. Will it be OP? I don't know, but if someone (looking at you @iPox ) could find a way to trigger split safely it could be dangerous.

To reiterate yet again - I'm only looking at it on paper and I'm not sure. But I think this champ would be too strong.

Maybe it would be okau if it wasn't in FW.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just a thought, but if Drake Tooth Rifle can still hit friendly champs, one might try targeting a Mucker with it to check.

6. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Besides it being scary - What do you think of it?

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Think of what? I saw the scary then left.

8. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Im not sure the rune is that broken or if its broken at all... Only 26 life and split + no heal. I see alot of games where this champ would just be one rounded.
    And the death nova is actually a drawback on this champ because it doesnt have any "eater" abillity like the SP super slag.

9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Anyone have any opinions/input to share on the Ospryan I put in?

I am interested in the feedback.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Not sure how one would like provision offense. KF doesnt really have any good offensive equips for non elves

11. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Why not fw?

Thanks for the idea. Hopefully someone with better resources can check.

12. Tweek516

Because they already have multiple sources of dread and could cucle this champ pretty easily.

13. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

I guess I don't understand. FW has all but 2 dread champions. I still think in general it's pretty balanced. Late game or early game.

1) If, late game option, it means it's a hopeful 26 hp, 0 def, non-self healing unit for 61 nora as an either A) comeback potential (Which doesn't seem very good) or B) Helping stay on top, which means, it's 61 Nora for a 26 hp, 0 def, non-self healing unit for 61 nora that pretty much only gives -2 dmg (if you're choosing dread). If it's helping you stay on top, I hope there will be a bigger threat for you to worry about.

2) Early Game cheap meat (Headless Zombie). Ok, you got me it's got split... But it can't self heal... It still only has 26 HP 0 Def and 4 SPD. You're not using it to contest middle fonts, and if you are... I'm pretty sure it won't last long (Every top tier game I've spectated thus far always has multiple creatures over 20+ dmg). I know I'm new to this game, but I've been watching a lot of Top Battlemaster Tier players play with multiple faction so far, and the only Split units I've seen are Broken Bones (35 HP, 1 Def, Flanking, 30 Nora), Hanging Slag (40 Life, 0 Def, Acid Eater/Sacrifice/Trail: Ooze/Bile Explosion), and Imp Trickster (40 HP, 1 Def, Escape/Hex/Trickster). I may not be a top notch player, and I definitely don't know everything there is to know about Poxnora, but I still get the idea people are overreacting. This creature wants you to not attack it and not 1 turn it. If, somehow it did contest mid font on a map, against 1 other enemy champion, why wouldn't that player wait until they have more reinforcements since this creature can't deal any damage and has no spell presence.

I still think people (Because I've been talking to people in Poxnora Client, and Discord Server) are overreacting and I can understand people thinking I'm being defensive, but I'm not. I'm trying to be logical and number crunch. I seriously want Logical answers, but have yet to see anything but blank first or second glances. Help me understand you. I don't know this game as well as you do. I don't know this faction (FW) as well as you do. And I don't know the broken combinations that you all have grown to know. What is broken about this champion? How do you break it? And is it anymore broken than multiple runes already out there for the same nora cost?

I still think the +10 nora cost I've added to this champion for balancing isn't needed, and could be toned down to +5 or even removed.

On a side note, I'm surprised no one has commented on Planar Hold. Or Trail: Slime.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  14. Tweek516

There is nothing we can do but glance or double glance at this level imo. You can try to crunch numbers all you want, but that never really works too well in pox.

I don't know if it will be OP. I was just commenting on the fact that split and dread is an incredibly strong interaction and we need to be careful implementing it.

15. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

I feel ya bud. Thanks for at least looking. Hope this expanse actually happens. Would be cool to be apart of something that neat.

Tweek516 likes this.
  16. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

How do we(or the owls) figure out which runes to include?
    Do we know of any designs that have been chosen?

17. kagebunshn

That is a feature, not a bug. Makes him a prime candidate for not so awesome equips, since he gets such a big bonus for using one.

18. Tweek516

Is it just me who doesn't undertsnad this post at all?

IMAGIRL likes this.
  19. kagebunshn

It means I think provision:eek:ffense would be too efficient for its price if KF had really strong offensive equips like Rage Band. The 2 best KF equips currently are probably Covenant and Lexicon. Neither of those are ideal for a beast or ranger theme, in general. But 'any' equip is pretty good on him because of the damage spike it gives him.

In other words, a newbie could use the rune and it would be fine even if he didnt have 'only the best' equips.

Ssharsted likes this.
  20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

True, the problem with KF equips is that the good ones are racially restricted. For example, what would you equip on Dugon to have him truly benefit from Provision: Defense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.