Poison

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Feb 11, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I've always felt like it's still missing some important pieces to make it really gel well. It's got a solid front-line, but there are some gaps in the ranged and support aspects. It's got potential, but it never seems to do quite as well as other BGs have, even after the much blessed removal of Poison resistance from FW.

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yup, that is what i suspect will happen with this one, but I want to try it out at least. Maybe we will get some further filling out. If not, no big deal. Plenty of other fun FS bgs at the moment.

Ohmin likes this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

How good are the electric fireflies?

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Horrible. Also, I'd link "Toxic" by that one pop woman, but Gutsa told me to stop spamming,

6. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

7. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Off the top of my head, 5 spd, 8 dmg, ~8HP. Damage shield and death nova (electricity). Poison eater.

I find they work if you get them next to the enemy and monsoon everyone or cause knockback into them. They don't do a lot else for me.

8. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I usually take a similar approach to noam's bg , since I like to pair poison clouds with knockback and poison charge. This combo is pretty bad ass and doesnt even require fouless to work cuz poison charge act like a 67% amp for the "moving in the cloud" dmg with only one activation, with two activations it means as much of 133% amplification.

One cast of poison cloud paired with with two poison charge activations and one hit from Augur deals around 41* by the start of the opposing turn.

*Assuming 0 def and 12 dmg from Augur hit.

9. smock425

smock425 The King of Potatoes

I main poison and worms - can post my bg later when I'm out of the office. My version sits somewhere in between burst dmg (foulest/amp+knockback and clouds) and control (both kinds of poison traps/hallucinogenic/clouds).

Striking that balance leverages my BG's main strength, which is versatility and thus surprise. I find the knockback-heavy BGs especially are predictable in setup and thus no fun when hard countered. Generally I herd units with traps and clouds until I can either pull off a kb powerturn, but if not I'm happy to take a more attrition-y approach, exchanging on DoTs and mobility to wear down opponents.

For those reasons I forgo muck dragon (slow 2x2 with annoying aura), fentek (no defined role except repulsion) and gekaal (minimum high cost units - S&B only for spot removal)

10. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

this discussion's interesting, however all of the bg's displayed here are missing a highly valuable champion, arguably the best one for a poison themed bg as well due to what it offers. (i'm not telling you what it is. there is no fun in that. see if you can figure it out on your own.)

The mind warp frogs nice but its not as effective as it used to be, I tend not to use them anymore. I don't use bogwoods at all. I never have since they were released. I've always called them subpar, and I'm still of that opinion.
    I don't run 2x fumes. I just run 1. you get plenty of it from the elementals anyway. seems a bit overkill to have so many of them especially since they are only really useful if you already have knockback on the field.
    Run 2x stampede. its physical damage, valuable against poison resist/immune targets.
    I don't run poison darts. i've never seen a reason to. there are other ways to address the issue of alternate damage.
    I'm undecided on whether a Privateer Captain or an augur are better for the bg. and after a couple of nerfs to the captain i'm almost at the point of using the augur again. I just enjoy land mines too much to make the jump.