Flagellation

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by badgerale, Feb 17, 2016.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Flagellation
    Spell. UD. 30 Nora.

Art shows a nefari, kneeling and whipping her own back with a cat o' nine tails.

Flavour text: "Suffering has liberated us, strengthened us, empowered us. We will bring this gift back to our brothers in the forest"

For the next 4 turns, target friendly champion becomes immobile, pacified, and loses 5hp at the beginning of each turn. For the duration of this effect, at the start of the each turn, enemy champions within 8 spaces are afraid, defiled, and take 4 psychic damage.

Intended as an alternative to cleanse, to protect incapacitated champs, though will have other applications.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Awesome idea, but 15 hp loss might be a bit much, in many cases I imagine spells will finish off the champ in those 3 turns. Also, 3 turns is a strange duration because immobile and pacified ends on your opponent's turn. 2 turn duration? Alternatively 4 turn duration, loses 5 hp at the end of YOUR turns?

3. badgerale

It would only be 10hp because it doesn't apply on the turn it is cast. Though perhaps it should be worded differently.

4. Sealer0

You're right, beginning of each turn would make it 2x 5. What do you think of disabling your own champ for 3 turns ? Seems to be either 2 turn duration or 4 turn duration would be better, no?

5. badgerale

Yep, you're right. It should be 4. The turn it is cast, the opponents turn, your turn, then theirs.

Which would mean 15 damage, perhaps the AoE effect should be upped in compensation.

Will edit the OP.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  6. Sealer0

Maybe remove confused and add something like psychic ping? Don't know just throwing ideas.

7. badgerale

I'm not sure about ping, but perhaps something like dreameater but without the stealth clause.

...all enemy champions within 5 take 4 psychic damage and become afraid at the start of each turn.

8. Sealer0

I like this idea but i think it's gonba be weak against range (although strong with arrow eater). Dunno, im having a hard time judging its strength but the core concept is really good.

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I like this

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

idk why but this word always makes me think of flatulence.

11. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

I think this rune idea is great. It gives UD a UD flavoured counter to situations where other factions would use cleanse.