Rework of sandbagged runes: Arthropod

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Alakhami, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

I don't think the broodmother should be changed but I do really like the idea of some sort of lumbering spiderball that deathexplodes into spiderlings. Not sure what else it would need to be playable though.

2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i want a frost spider

Alakhami likes this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The problem with splitting the racial into the upgrade path allowing the rune to see play in multiple themes; is that the rune will only ever see play in the theme with the cheapest upgrades. Unless you can make clear choices in both upgrade paths for each theme with only a 1-3 nora difference, then it just wont work how you envision it.

Couple things.

With those changes to Flameweb Spider it will only see play in spiders and you ruined the fire spider bgs that exist.

K'lzik cost so much because her hp-nora is through the roof with propogate. Lowering her cost will surely result in a nerf to how much hp she can bring. If anything id try to consume on her somehow.

Havnt read any of the others yet. On ipod and in bed going to sleep. Auto correct is on sorty. Youll know it when you sea it.

4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

How can fire spiders be even considered a seperate theme if there's only 4 runes that work in it? (Ruby Crawler, Flameweb, Lavaflow Devourer, Cinderpede)
    And even then, I don't see how immunity: Fire made the fire spiders work or how amplify fire and flamestrike are worse.

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

it is not a theme now but easily can be in a few expacs if you addit with sl or by itself. i made this bg a long time ago and it had the idea too.

Capture.JPG

so as you can see, while somthing might not be strong now or fitable in a theme, it can later.

a few sl/ud arthropods, and it could be a fun split to look into.

6. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

2x2 lumbering tank similar to totem of the fallen. Give it the racial ability when attacked all spiders recover 2 ap and damage buff. That way spiders gain a new support. Maybe leap to make it have some maneuver.

7. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Lavaflow DEVOURER seems odd without Fire Eater on base. Also, a lot of changes proposed here will make them cheap, but worse and less flavorfull and unique.

Woffleet likes this.
  8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

This thread is intended to be open to suggestions. I never assumed that all of these changes would hit it right.