Quality of Life Changes!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Can you please specify in the patch notes how much a champion used to cost before a modification? For example:

Hell Tick
    • Default Cost to 69 (from 65)
    This would make reading patch notes much, much easy especially for returning players who have no clue how much the champ used to cost.

Also, mentioning the old text of a changed ability would be really helpful. Figuring out what really changed from patch to patch takes too much time than it should if so little information is given.
    Same thing with champions. For example, in the most recent patch we see this:

Elsari Swordmage
    • Default Cost to 73
    • Upgrade Set 1: Fear 2, Forsaken Exploit, Surge: Cursed (default)

This guy lost Immunity: Disease and gained Surge: Cursed. I wouldn't knew that from reading the patch notes which I think it defeats their purpose. This game has a lot of runes and it's impossible to keep track of them all.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    electus1, Ssharsted and Thbigchief like this.
  2. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

I would like an ability filter in the rune manager.

Atherhog and Valkyr like this.
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

When are we going to be able to see prodigy's range?

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

You mean Elven Prodigy?

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yup. Havent checked for a while, so I apologise if I'm mistaken. But last time I checked, blindfire would show 1-8 range, but would only trigger 4-8 (her range).

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ah, thanks for bringing this up. It appears like the max display range is dynamic but the minimum display range is not. We will have to look into this further to see if this is just a limitation of the engine or not.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i havent played in a while so no idea if this is still relevant but...

a way to highlight/mark runes in every bg that has had its upgrade abillities changed (through a patch) resulting in your chosen upgrades being no longer available. and another way of telling if the runes base abillities or the abillities stats have changed... if you could add somewhere the stats of the rune when you added it to the bg to compare with current stats on current date rune was checked out in bg that would be good. a button somewhere to refresh this previous rune info to current when you are happy with the rune being there and/or changed upgrades on it.

reasoning: people can have a lot of bg's, changing every bg after every patch must take a while, if they do it at all *shrug*.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  8. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

I can see when they change my previously leveled runes abilities because they don't have a small icon next to their name in the rune manager (you need to switch from rune view to list view format) or they miss one of the two upgraded abilities.

9. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

In custom PvP games can we have a checkbox for rotation maps only? I'd like to test my BG's on a relevant map instead of a broken forgotten one.

There are also some players that don't like ranked but still want to play against non pc's and friends. This could be useful to them too.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

this suggestion sucks... maybe your rune collection is only around 30 champions big and its easy to see all your runes in one page. if you have lots of runes you cant go through every page looking for runes that do not have the upgrade icons, you cant filter the list to just view a certain bg. Also there is no way to change the battlegroup view into a list - only the normal - all runes views and filters.

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I would like to see what equip is on an equipped champ at first look, by replacing the "two swords" icon for the small rune art of the equip(the one that appears on the rune manager or when the rune is revealed ingame).

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

HP bars for Relics, i would like it not showing all the time but when the mouse is over them(without having to click)

Or a broken sprite "like the DoTs sprites but with breaking visuals" that shows how much the relic is damaged, like the shrine's broken states. (i dont mean a differen broken sprite for every relic but one universal sprite).
    Champs get "sad" when on low health, its only natural to explore and apply that same visual indications to the relics.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@LooseGoose

Just to let the new guy on the block know of its existence.

Kampel likes this.
  14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2016-11-14_22-41-2.png This particular battle master icon resembles Maxx.

Proposal: quality of life change; rank icons to reflect "My Faction" each drums of war. Icons would be identical until a player can make it through a set "Season."

Example: Once a player gathers enough wins to make it out of "season 4," their rank would then display a faction specific rank icon. When a player reaches battle master, the player would get to chose a faction hero icon related to, the drums of war, "My Faction"
    upload_2016-11-14_22-56-0.png
    This could allow for multiple battle masters with unique icons that reflect their drums of war identity.