Discussion: Shard Reward Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ssharsted and Woffleet like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

cool if you're playing I guess

3. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Great event but once again people will abuse alts to farm it.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So the same 20 people will be playing the same 20 people alts?
    Nothing new

6. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Come on guys... Devs do something to boost participation and we complain? Don't put them in a position where they can't win, no matter what they do.

fattyy2k and Ssharsted like this.
  7. Netherzen

Its an great event,i was just pointing out something should be done about alts.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ssharsted likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's almost as if everyone knows about it yet there's no actions to be taken other than "welp guess tourneys are over for everyone now guys"

Pattn199 likes this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

11. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Thanks so much. This is awesome

12. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Awesome! Totally gunna shoot for max shards.

fattyy2k, Lushiris and Woffleet like this.
  13. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Good luck abusing it, it would take you at least 16 hours - given you finish your PvP games in 10 minutes OR win single player in 10 minutes - to get 1000 shards with one account. Of course I'm not counting the time between games, the rank you would lose by surrendering at 10 minutes mark, or that it's not that simple beating the AI within 10 minutes every single time. And since the PvP part only applies to ranked games, multi-accounting isn't quite simple.

So to resume, abusing this would require multi-accounting while playing in every account, which would require a very high level of attention. Seriously, if anyone does that I'm even giving my sharded rune from the event because it would be awesome.

They have done all they could to make this event the least exploitable as possible, so in my opinion you guys really should consider the facts before complaining.

Qucas, Alakhami, Woffleet and 2 others like this.
  14. Netherzen

You make a good point.
    But i still wish they did something about alts.

15. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Where can one see the match count (if there is one) ?

16. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

10*50/60 = 8,333333333333333333333333 OVER 16!!
    :rolleyes:

I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that creating two brand new accounts and getting them into the ranked que would match them up instantly because "rankwise" they are the perfect match. But honestly you don't even have to do that. You can just create x accounts and que up for games. If you get matched up with yourself you wait 10min and surrender with one of them. If you get matched up with somebody else you don't give a crap either, wait 10 min and surrender. AFKing all your turns will make losing before the 10min mark pretty much impossible. Worst thing that can happen is that your opponent rage quits before 10 min are up. Fine too since that way your brand new account gets more points towards the rank up rewards which also means more shards.

So yeah, stuff's hard. Much respect.

But yeah, nice event. It would be better if the rewards would be given out after every 10 games.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

cant 2 players meet up only twice within a certain amount of time anyway?in ranked at least...not sure tho... if thats so, then would be more then 2 accounts before much is accomplished. ..
    either way,, its nice to be able to get good rewards while doing what I wanna do when I finally geta chance to sit and play...
    gj sok...more of this kinda stuff will def get me to try and get some more log time.

18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure if I get the purpose of your post. Yea I forgot the fact that it's 200 shards so kind of doubled the estimate, which really doesn't matter much as the time wasted out of the games most likely exceeds any assumpions made here. And I'm vaguely certain that after some time(before 10 minutes), if you hadn't done anything it won't count/you wil be disconnected/ or whatever - but obviously it does need confirmation - so you can't just go afk, you have to make moves in every single game.

My main point is, who is willing to sacrifice game time in Pox(and serious lifetime) for 10 days to get a few runes, while you can just do that everyday in a slower but more satisfying pace to do the same in a month, without the event, with one acount?

And yea, they don't give the reward after 10 games because it's not (at least not fully) an automated system, because Pox surely wasn't made with these things in mind 10 years ago. So if my guess is right, they have to run a check for all players' games within the event time to automatically issue rewards for those who met the requirements. That would be inconsistent if done everyday as some people would get the rewards and others wouldn't, so it is much better if done once when the event ends.

Lastly, given the above paragraph, I'm sure that they would only allow people to abuse this if they felt like doing so, because it would be very hard to miss several unused(or new) - until recently - accounts playing lots of games against themselves, for 10 minutes.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  19. René Descartes

René Descartes New Member

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

Alakhami and Lushiris like this.
  20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The pessimist is obviously crazy because he is trying to blow out a light that was just established as being non-existent.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    SPiEkY and Sealer0 like this.