KF/UD Stealth BG

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by roobs, Feb 24, 2016.

1. roobs

roobs The King of Potatoes

I enjoy this game. It's fun. I will admit, I'm not very good at it. But the fun out weighs that (spoken like someone who isn't very good, right. haha).

Any way I was messing around with the idea of a stealth BG. I doubt it would be very competitive, but could be fun to play. Naturally UD seemed a good place to start with the assassins.

https://poxbase.com/deck/ClCj0CxCpBCwBc1McwNC6dCdas4@s2ls86S4KsOsAs2tsLrVR31RM

I'd love some feedback on what I've thrown together here. Thanks!

2. R334P3R

R334P3R I need me some PIE!

Murk demon is your friend. You may want to consider going more dedicated elves since your most of the way there already, so you can run Nefari Resurrection and units with punish. I would also probably go full faction UD, the kf split just is not adding much. Here is a good thread to reference for UD elf stuff http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/my-deep-elf-punish-cull-bg.20767/.

3. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

If you wanna get into stealth I would suggest a KF/FW spirit bg. I will post something I have been thinking about lately. It can be extremely fun to play and actually net you decent results.

The only problem with bgs based on stealth is that detection is pretty common and there's several other ways to destealth a champ so you need a really different mindset then you might think at first glance.

Edit: https://poxbase.com/deck/c7WcxBcubc8zCw4chbcf2cg@ciBCkbcxGCqgCjZs7sgs5Ws4Ks3TS7Ws6gr2YrTr31e3Ie2w

This is the bg I mentioned. It probably could use some optimization since I haven't played that much with it but it should be enough to have some fun. The idea is to combine incorporeal champs with insubstansiable from Utterdark Spectre. Spirit of the Mountain will boost Umbral Wulf and Ancestral Avenger.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  4. roobs

@R334P3R Interesting suggfestion, I'll have to look at it. Would be interesting if I could still do a stealth bg with it, but a full drow, um , I mean deep elf bg could be fun too.

@4NIK8 , I have like zero FW runes, but will take a look. Any particular runes you have in mind.

I've thought about detection. In my experience, as limited as it is, there usually one or two champs with detection. You could get within a few spaces of it before being noticed adn then take it out - giving you sneakiness again. Now, of course I have made that sound incredibly easy and it more than likely would not be.

5. roobs

Looks like it could play fun, but just looking at the pieces, it looks like it's pretty pricey to put together too.

EDIT - I just looked through poxbox. Champs alone are 2.5 mil. Any thoughts on making as effective on a budget?

6. R334P3R

Its also just a completely different route then what your currently doing. Going stealth/punish deep elfs can be pretty strong and you already have most of the stuff, rest is fairly cheap.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  7. R334P3R

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  8. roobs

punish is used to kill any exces ap a unit has?

9. R334P3R

Punish and Mindstorn get rid of extra ap, and thanks to Nefari Resserection all elves deal 50% extra damage to units with 0 ap. Overlord and Temptress both have Punish. Deck still has alot of stealth, and it now has synergy from the units with Surge:deep elf, and the punish/nafari trick.

10. R334P3R

Let me know how it works out for you.