Why is FW the only good faction with NO good shatter options or detection Options.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by themacca, Mar 5, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Quite honestly this isn't a case of not making every faction not be the same. This is FW being deprived basic god damn tools that are required to strive in a competitive environment. I looked through the detection options and the best one is probably death harvest. pretty bad right? yeah. And our shatter options.... yeah the 2 best shatter units are fallen draksar and bladed corpse. Isn't that just sad. Literally every other faction has at least one good option for each and every one of these things but FW just gets a giant middle finger because why the firk (actually typed firk) not.

2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

true we don't have any combat detection since it was removed from Skeletal Lerper (Aug 2015 Patch) it was mentions but went on deaf ears and never spoken again
    as for Eq removal Elsari Tomb Raider is a good choice - Cheap, stealth and can remove Eq from more than 1 champ at a time

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Fallen Draksar is actually very underrated. Bladed Corpse is alright in zombies, but meh elsewhere. Our Detection options are indeed quite slim, but I would suggest looking at Skeletal Raider or Stitched Librarian (who also has Shatter). Raider is a huge chunk of meat that ties up the front line, while Librarian is an all-purpose utility piece. There's also Desecration, with its massive AOE for "detection".

Netherzen likes this.
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Skeletal Raider isn't bad. I'm running him 1x in classic junk/grind for the Detection.

And to be honest, you've answered the question in your title: FW is a good faction without those things.

Lupefi2 likes this.
  5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I got decent shatter and detect champions in my worm bg.

flador likes this.
  6. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

I heard that Soulreave is pretty good against equipped champs.

Lupefi2 likes this.
  7. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I'll give you the real answer. Not that non discussive b.s.

Why we don't have decent detection champs:
    - Desecration
    - Festering Wounds
    - Death Harvester is meta go-to #1
    - We are complained about. Always have been, always will be.
    Why we don't have shatter:
    - You're supposed to not care. The point of the faction is death. A corpse doesn't care if it's distracted cuz of a damn flower on its finger- it's gonna die soon. So what he can't disease breath now and you just deployed him, I thought you were a necromancer. Make use of what remains.

Willow, Gnomes, badgerale and 2 others like this.
  8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Chroma Extuinguisher?

9. themacca

everytime you deploy a witch a puppy dies.

10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Worst comes to worst, stitched dream eater may come as an aoe type detect.
    Not perfect, but good against various non-murk stealth.

Otherwise the Nora back vulture of pox is as teasholar said is pretty sweet.

11. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

totally agree, FW has lame shatter and detection champs... why they would take observation from the lerper though, thats not right... i used him x2 when i played. with all the needed parts for a deck you have to mix FW themes, ideally each theme should have at least the basic requirements... and be on decent champions.

other needed parts for example dealing with high DEF champions and dispel, etc.. basically the important counters.. i find with FW they are spread across different units, would be nice to have two of them on one champ. i find i need to add too many champions in the end.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  12. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

I agree with Excalibur that we need detection i n some themes like spirits. True that I can put the harvester but I dont find the conection with the spirits theme: no meat = no food = no vultures =p.... Edit : I just have seen the Dark Messenger (spirit) but meh... it is just a spirit with detection and fly, but no other interesting things...

Eye of Serkan? well I like it, but it is a legendary rune = is not for everyone.

13. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

When i played chops, one of coraghs death spawns was my source of shatter. It was the one with physical resistance 3

14. themacca

loan me your bragh and cory

15. Leadrz

admired.

16. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Why does nobody run librarian? He costs like 65 nora and has Dectect and Shatter.

17. themacca

wut

18. Leadrz

19. themacca

oh, thankyou. it was quite brilliant work by ole jimmy

20. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Put on your thinking cap and tell me why