Will we ever see poxnora go MOBILE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LadyJava, Mar 2, 2016.

1. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

Just wondering I see a lot of games go mobile and it would be great if it did, I know theres a lot of content that would take time to transmute to a mobile version but would also open up to a whole new community aswell.

noamkeren and R334P3R like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I hope not. Ipads for sure, but a phone, nah.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

4. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I would love to see Poxnora go mobile. Please don't simplify or change anything though. I know theres times when I am out, like if I'm on the train. I'd love to get my android tablet out and play a match.

Multi-platform integration would be great too, like, being able to play with people on a pc.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i think it would be too difficult on a mobile device. Considering how painful a misclick in this game is. touchscreens are probably a big no no for this game.

Anima26 and Valkyr like this.
  6. Heart

Could code it out so you paint out your path by running your finger, and then you double tap to confirm.

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

"Will we ever see poxnora go MOBILE"

No

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

no... for a number of reasons

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

pox in a wheelchair looks pretty ''Mobile" to me mate
    so i guess you were wrong

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i guess the joke's on me

11. LadyJava

I think it would be nifty they have done it to lots of heavy pc games and they have turned out fine infact some of these mobile games are very welldone very intense.

12. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

i dont think you have any idea about how much time and money is involved in this, for big heavy pc games that make enough money its worth a shot but for games like pox with 200 players max the investment would mean the end of the game.
    i mean the end is nearing in anyway but why speed it up (for the infidels) right?

13. LadyJava

lol Well my opinion would be that it would bring in more new communities, I have been on this game since the very start, I have seen the original designer go from creating this great game to making flash based games for mobile systems, and just because it doesn't appeal to some people doesn't mean it wouldn't be a success, I have seen some games far more complex then pox do very well on mobile, don't dig too deep in this topic as its just one topic and is just a discussion.

Lushiris likes this.
  14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

What is far more complex than pox?

15. Heart

Pong

Lushiris likes this.
  16. Justmatel

Justmatel The King of Potatoes

Having a FULL tablet version of the game would be amazing. Do you know how easy it would be to take my tablet over to my mates when were seshing and whip out poxnora on the tablet. Fkkkkk m8.

LadyJava, Anima26 and Heart like this.
  17. Heart

Exactly what I was thinking.

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

This.

19. Fultrim

Fultrim New Member

I have played Pox Nora since before they even had an expansion. Supported early efforts to market the game in stores. Was sad when they sold to EA and stopped playing, then played literally the day after it went back out of EA hands. With the exception of the EA period of time. the only reason I have not played the game every day was because of technical issues. At one point I bought a windows tablet, not windows mobile. I bought a tablet that ran windows 7 just so I could play this game on the go. However the game had no resize support at that time, have not rechecked, and it was unable to shrink down to a size where it was playable.

So when I tell you that I do not play every month it should be noted that the reason is exclusively because they have no mobile support. The day they send me the email saying they have a android app is the day I resume playing every day. I also own a small game company and have pretty much blocked any development of a competitor to this game because I believe that it is an excellent game that while it has technical issues and some balance issues the overall concept is solid and I would much rather support a really good game then simply put out another game to compete with it. However, the day will come that if Pox Nora does not resolve their issues with multi-platform support, resizing, and several other technical issues that I green light a project to compete with it. It will be a sad day that I hope never comes.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Anotherblackman, LadyJava and Heart like this.
  20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

EA has never owned Poxnora.