Are champs correctly costed after the patch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Deep Elf Priestess is the same amount of nora even though relocate demon got nerfed.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Relocate demon is a bit of a joke now, it's just relocate ally but only works on demons and costs 4 more nora lol.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

In the patch notes it says:

Relocate: Demon

• Nora Cost decrease (-6)
    • Cooldown increase (+1)

But the cost of the DEP is the same, so I'd assume it was a mistake. 68 nora sounds quite nice for her.

4. super71

I rather have the same price and the same cool down, it didn't need nerfed and was fine the way she was. -6 nora now for a relocate demon 5 spaces away on a 3 turn cool down when so many other champs do her job better ? Even with the -6 nora i'd argue she is a bit worse. Their are also much better melee options with multi-attack, she is in a no purpose role for me, for the time being.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I dunno, seems a fair trade-off to me.

What you could be raging against is that relocate ally was also changed to 5 spaces which indirectly nerfed call of the hunter.

I need to check if it got a nora reduction, but there may not be champs that do her job better after all.

6. super71

See that doesn't bother me at all, deep elf infiltrator and nefari informat just have better stats overall and have other things going for them. Deep elf priestess was fine with cool down 2 on her relocate, now she is a sub par melee unit and an even worse relocate champ.

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Darkmarsh Siphon somehow had a cost reduction in his ability but went up in total cost, with no other changes.

8. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

it has a 4-5 range so would of taken a cost increase due to ranged changes.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Modifiers yo. DEP probably had one, Siphon probably had one.

The concept of modifiers is confusing because we get so used to having them, that once the champ is "properly" costed, it's Bane Shift. Platinum Wing got +6 nora and -1 damage. I hope it doesn't have anymore modifiers, but it's significantly weaker than it was before.

I don't know if this post makes sense, but I think if some modifiers get removed that the majority of them should get removed. So yes some champs are properly costed with this patch.

Also if Sok comes in here, I don't consider 2x2 a modifier because that's a disadvantage so it should get a discount.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

DEP is currently 71 nora. According to patch notes, it was 77 back in December's patch.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Still 77 base in Rune Manager.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Huh. Will investigates!

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I meant checklist sorry. DEP with lowest upgrades selected (Poison 1, Multi 1) is 74 nora. Unless in-game is different, Rune Checklist/Manager she's 74-83 nora.

14. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

I don't know if dots got recosted too since now they are the same. Scour, poison and rabid were more expensive than eviscarate

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Rend is the only DoT that doesn't follow 3 6 9.

16. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

Then is fine. Although a simple recost of them could be lesser radical than removing secondary effects and without indirect buffs like to heals intensive bg