Difference in Credit vs Gold purchase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordRahan, Apr 14, 2014.

1. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

I recently got two extended box. First one with owl credits and second one with Gold. Here is what I got:

In the box purchased with credits, I got 3 Leg and 3 Exo along with the other runes.
    In the box purchased with Gold, I got 1 Leg and 2 Exo along with the other runes.

I was just wondering if buying from credits have better chance of getting good runes? Or the chances of getting good runes are equal in both?

2. Shuyash

Shuyash The King of Potatoes

You just have some sick luck.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Some dudes like me just get 3 exos... Go away with your luck, please.

Tarathil likes this.
  4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Dat luck

5. Theoril

Theoril Member

Haha congratulations!

I usually never get more than just the one exo that is guaranteed ! :)

But there is no difference in credit and gold purchased packs. They have the same chances.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

The last 3 boxes ive got i've had 5 exos total, no legs :(

7. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Your statistical chances for each box are about 40% to receive at least one LEG and about 65% chance to receive at least a second EXO. So yeah, you got really lucky...

8. Theoril

Theoril Member

40% is total bollocks. Remember that there's a 10% chance for exo. Then that EXO has a 5% chance of being a LEG.

9. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

A rare has a 10% chance of being an EXO. A pack has a 5% chance to contain an extra LEG. Those aren't related.

10. LordRahan

Thanks everyone for your views on this. So, basically I was really lucky to get 4 Leg and 5 Exo in two boxes I purchased. Cool! :cool:

Theoril likes this.
  11. Theoril

Theoril Member

My bad then.. I must have misread!

Indeed! Congratulations!

12. Xorez1

Xorez1 New Member

I'm pretty sure they are separate, I'm pretty sure i got an Exo and a Leg in the same pack if not a Rare and a Leg in the same pack which according to you should take up the same slot.

13. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

They are exactly the same. You just had the luck of the draw with the pox purchased with credits. :D

Congrats on getting 3 Legs in a single box that is pretty lucky.

14. Senshu

Legs are just a flat chance to drop where the other is a chance that a Rare rune becomes Exo.

15. LordRahan

Thank you very much for the reply Shenshu! I am glad DoG has not kept such difference in Credit vs Gold purchase. By the way, that was the first time when I purchased the Box and let me tell you it is really really very addictive to open the packs. It is going to make me buy some more boxes just to get that feeling you get while opening the packs...

16. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

bestow upon me a fraction of your luck please 11 box 11 guarantee exo nothing else >_< to compensate this bad luck next time i get a box i need find 11 leg and 10 exo lol

Theoril likes this.
  17. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

I got 2 boxes with gold, and received... maybe 4 exos and 2-3 legs in total, can't remember. Sheer luck, I'm sure.

I cannot believe credits have a better chance than gold. That'd be too devious and outrageous, man!

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The chance for your first box is, if I calculated correctly, 0,00000376%.

Edit: Or 0,0000125%. My statistics knowledge is rusty.

19. Senshu

Great to hear, we wanted to give that sort of feeling. I remember when I was playing physical Trading Card Games and there was something euphoric about opening a new pack. Sounds like we are replicating that feeling :D

20. Theoril

Theoril Member

Tell me about it.... Opening Magic: The Gathering boosters is the most addicting thing ever.