Giving Away All My Runes - Let's play a Contest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Girlgamer97, Apr 6, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"girlgamer" - new member since today

yeah, willow that you?

Pattn199 likes this.
  2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Meh, after lfem I don't really care anymore. If one doesn't feel trolled then the trolling failed... At least that's what I want to believe.

3. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

lol i dont spam ranked like that nor do i have her skills... honestly i thought it was mw living out some sick twisted fantasy

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Forum account is new. Have seen them playing plenty of ranked for about the last month.

Girlgamer97 likes this.
  5. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

If you play for the competitive side, I hear ya. But if you play just for the creative fun side (like me) I would encourage you to not give up the game.

There will always be bullshit bgs that is easy to rage over. That being said, dont pay any heed to that. How many times do you think Ipox ran into decks that butchered him?

My guess would be alot, we all experience loss in pox. But dont let the decks, or for that matter rude players stop you from enjoying your game.

If you give away your runes, its a burnt bridge. If you take a breather, play other games. Then you can go back and enjoy this crazy game again :)

Just my two cents

Girlgamer97 and Woffleet like this.
  6. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

In addition to what was said above, have you tried asking for a temporary ban? I'm not sure if the admins/mods do that sort of thing. But if you have to, you can try to find a way to lock yourself out of your account. Maybe give the pass to a friend that doesn't play this game and have him/her change it then place the new password in a file or lock-box that opens in some amount of time.

Girlgamer97 likes this.
  7. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Here is my resume for what I am about to say afterward.
    • In 4th grade, I dropped acid for my first time.
    • By 7th grade, I was binge drinking and chewing tobacco.
    • By 11th grade, I was addicted to both.
    • By 21, I was a coke addict.
    • By 22, I was a crack addict.
    • At 26, by God's grace, I quit everything.
    • I am now 45.
    I have been playing this game since it was released. I keep stopping and starting and stopping and starting for the same reason. This is my 15th account I think. Let me say this plainly: If you remove the addiction, you still have to face the addict. If you remove Pox, you still have to face yourself. Pox is not the problem. Your character is the problem just like mine was for me.

Most addicts replace one addiction with another, which is why most alcoholics start smoking. Stop thinking that, if you remove the addiction, the addict will go away. It just does not work that way. The addict needs to learn self-control. This is the only way to deal with the problem.

I suggest you keep your runes and focus on self-control. Later, if you wish to stop playing Pox, do so not because you were addicted but because you chose to.

8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

From one addict to another, I respectfully disagree.

I tried to "moderate" my addiction for pretty much my whole life - unsuccessfully. As my alcoholic father told me, for an addict "one is too many, a thousand never enough." The point of this is that when you lack self-control, you are incapable of having "just one." When this comes to internet or gaming addiction, addicts aren't capable of playing "just one" game or playing for "just one hour."

I kicked my bad habit once and for all only by completely abstaining from the behavior/activity - finally admitting to myself that I was too weak to practice self-control while exposing myself to the thing I was addicted to. So I practiced a higher level of self-control by completely avoiding the thing I couldn't control.

Telling an addict to "learn self-control" is sort of like telling a poor person "stop being poor" or a depressed person "learn to be happy." It kind of misses the point. If this girl says she is addicted, I think getting rid of the addictive behavior is a wonderful start to regaining control of herself and her life, and I applaud her for taking that step. It has worked for me. And it doesn't mean you "lack self-control" - it means you are exerting self-control at a high level by controlling your environment and what you expose yourself to. For many addicts, life is possible only by carefully controlling our triggers and admitting that we are powerless over the addictive behavior.

Girlgamer97 and Goyo like this.
  9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

She whipped my ass badly and I complained to my girlfriend that I was sick of being whipped by girls. First @Willow on all her gay alts (who condescendingly told me to fq next time we played) and now the insultingly-named "GirlGamer97". My housemate overheard this from the next room and came in and started laughing in my face and I was so pissed I almost punched him.

true story

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Girlgamer97 likes this.
  10. Winsomniac

Winsomniac The King of Potatoes

Give me your runes so I can give them back to you tomorrow when you reinstall!!!

Girlgamer97, Qucas and Kampel like this.
  11. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Sorry, but you are wrong in a few ways. You don't exert self-control when you stop. You just stop exposing yourself to that which your addictive nature has attached itself. Your nature is still the same. Admitting weakness is good, but you did not stop being addictive until you replaced it with another habit. That habit can be another addiction or a positive trait. If you overcame addiction, it is because you learned self-control. In your case, you learned self-control in something else; yet at the same time, the new thing you were doing could have been just as addictive.

Girlgamer97 likes this.
  12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I vote you if you agree to give em back to her should she come back. Something I know for certain you would do...

Girlgamer97 and Lushiris like this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I should get your runes because we share a love for Dave Chappelle.

Girlgamer97 likes this.
  14. Tejaila

Tejaila The King of Potatoes

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
    From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice Is also great
    And would suffice.

(Fire and Ice by Robert Frost)

mortal ix, Girlgamer97 and Qucas like this.
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think you should give them to poxpoints, break the tyrannical hold of PB

16. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Because I'll make a deck out of them, get Pox Battlemaster- Then you can say that you helped the best player in the history of Poxnora.

Girlgamer97 and Morfeas like this.
  17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

That always breaks the ice in parties.

18. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I hear you man, pox is the greatest game I have played but it almost messed my real life up very badly because I couldn't take one or two days off.

This game needs a few more people like you

Girlgamer97 likes this.
  19. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

Girlgamer97 and poinl like this.
  20. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

Because I've come back after a 2 year hiatus and pushing my ten years of playing poxnora, was around before 8 factions existed. Poxnora is in my blood and DNA + it will allow me to wreck havoc with UD. I will never leave this game until the final day where it is closed. I won't trade them away or forge them into anything else, I will treasure them as a memory of a gift from a player who sadly decided to leave Poxnora and should you ever return I will give them back so you may enjoy the game again, without starting over in term of runes.

Your runes will be safe and sound + treasured deeply by a member who knows the meaning runes can have to a player without them being LE, Exo or limited. Some of us treasure a common rune more than any other rune and tries to collect as many as possible.

Girlgamer97 and nepyonisdead like this.