Vashal

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by smokyman, Mar 24, 2016.

1. smokyman

smokyman New Member

Im playing around with a Vashal deck.
    i was wondering what upgrades are smart choices for these guys.
    For instance the mirrorblade and Vicar.
    or any other tips regarding Vashal would be great.
    ive included the spell Memento, is that worth runnign with Vashal?

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Mirrorblade I run with init 2 and reflexes.

Vicar I run with aid defence and essence capture.

Why don't you post your bg so we can offer advice?

3. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

4. Tweek516

Definitely some strange choices in there.

5. smokyman

smokyman New Member

6. Tweek516

Rats
    • Super solid, don't think they're OP but seem to play so smoothly. Also, nora shield is pretty strong.
    • Swiftwind is my flexible spot, but I'm liking how it's working out atm (got pissed off with grim well/stunning etc, and sometimes that 1ap is vital).
    • I guess I'd like to fit a fern in there somewhere, might replace quiver with it, or even carn vines. Page might come out at some point, but probably not.
    • Was running dugon, because grant tele, roar into double stellar is pretty strong, but dropped it when dreamer came out.
    • Would also really like to fit in woodland portal, but can't seem to find the space for it.

7. Tweek516

I'd look at:

Vashal enchanter (amazing, definitely 2x)
    Shimmering flower
    Elven page
    Swiftwind

8. smokyman

smokyman New Member

whats so good about the Vashal enchanter though?
    compared to the Vashal i can choose from he seems so obsolete to me.
    im sure im not using mirrirblade for 100% of its usefullness, and what upgrade are best for him?
    is knowing when to use norashield part of the way to play them? any tips on that?
    general advice on how to play Vashal properly?

9. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Enchanter with GMA is a killoff ability for when enemy champs are down to 6 HP or less. Grant Teleport is a nice ability for troop movement. Attack Magical is a mandatory attack type for all decks, so he is another source of that. Equip him with Honor Coin and keep behind your front line troops, and he will last just about the whole game because Honor Coin heals for 6 HP and grants an additional 2 Max HP to equipped champ every time he grants something. Plus, Honor Coin gives about a 20% damage increase to champs of same race within 5 spaces. This makes him very versatile. If you keep you Cavalier alive, the Cav can increase the Enchanter's damage with Battle Leader.

10. Tweek516

Not sure if honour coin is needed in vashals - you already have commander.

Huh, you run battle leader on cavalier. Interesting. And imo wrong.

Grant tele is incredible with warcry in vashals. Vashals can have amazing powerturns, and grant tele is great at adding to that. Plus grand entrance can save lives.

Mirrorblade is great, run with init 2 and reflexes and enjoy. Init is just incredible.

Use seal to heal or if you think the champ will take damage next turn. If you opponent ends up not attacking that champ that's fine - think of seal as granting impervious.

You can also nora shield the pet wolf and charge it in for free nora.

11. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

With Vicar losing Aid Defense, is he still required in Vashal BG?

12. Tweek516

Eh, cleansing aura is great to have - could be used as a 1x imo but by no means necessary.

13. Tweek516

upload_2016-4-12_18-29-6.png

My bg right now, haven't been playing it too much though.

14. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

@Tweek516 what would you recommend as a substitute for Delim? Also would you care to explain your choice to run 2x Ranger and only 1x Vicar?

15. Tweek516

No runes really fill the role of delim - he's a powerturn enabler. That said, he's by no means necessary and I won't deploy him every game. You could substitute for dugon, vashal quillback etc - whatever you want really.

Ranger is 2x auto - he provides shatter, detection, is so efficient with his pet and has commander. One of the best vashals.

Vicar is only 1x because doesn't really bring anything new to the table except cleansing aura. Vicar is probably the most likely champ to be dropped, but keeping at 1x for now because of cleansing aura.

16. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

@Tweek516 I played around with my Vashal BG lst night, can you give me any tips on mirrorblade usage? I feel like I'm being very inefficient with it. Do you generally deploy him as cleanup with init or do you use him in a more hit and run type role with mirror swap? Any other general tips would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

17. Tweek516

I try and deploy mirrorblade when init is useful (I run with init 2 and reflexes). On many maps he can cap uou a font a turn early.

However, he is also great when you feel its a crucial time in the game - look at him as a half spell half champion rune, due to initiative he can get into the fight quickly and impact the game much quicker than other deploys.

I usually use the ability mirrorblade to harass, mosy of the time just annoying the opponent with the illusions. However, mirrorblade can jump around the map so quickly, and can contest fonts your opponent thought were safe, get a kill you otherwise would have had to use a spell to get, or get out of the fight to heal up when weak.

I'm pretty bad at phrasing my thoughts haha. I guess I'm trying to say treat him as a standard melee beater with mirrorblade being and upside - a lot of games the illusions will just get in the way of the opponent, but some games you can pull off some crazy moves with him.

Oh, and the illusions count as vashal for bond of the vashal, so that's useful.

If you ever see me online, send me a PM and I'll play uou a couple of times so you can see how I use him. Mirrorblade is great.

(IGN: aronxop999)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016