Stitched Obelisks (Relics)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xuldorl, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

The stitched are creatures made from remains. Bits of wood, discarded bits of metal and stone, even flesh. I've long lamented at the lack of synergy they possess with other races, and so.. I feel it is time that be explored. Three relics, Obelisks as I've presented them though they could take a different look. The point of them is to add a race that they could be made from and an ability associated with them. Bone incorporates them with bones morethan anything else, making them undead and skeletal. Oak incorporates more wood than anything else and bringing it to life, making them like the treefolk they may be made from. Iron incorporates more of the discarded armor and weapons, bits of metal and stone that make up constructs, and as a result they function like constructs.

Stitched Bone Obelisk would allow for greater synergies with undead and even specifically skeleton themed battlegroups. Necroweave with this would allow for more frequent use of various stitched, folding nicely into the existing strategy. One could in theory also have a separate Flesh one for zombie interactions, but... I don't know.

Stitched Oak Obelisk would create a platform upon which to devise KF/UD or KF/FW battlegroups, centered around utilizing the stitched as one would traditional tree folk. Boost them as a standard tree folk BG, or put them to the flame with De'lim's followers.

Stitched Iron Obelisk would allow stitched to more easily fold into IS/UD or IS/FW battlegroups, making them into constructs. I don't know about you, but with the spell Spare Parts I can see this becoming an interesting tactic. Throw in the various tinkerers IS has and I think you have the basis of a fine battlegroup.

Stitched Bone Obelisk
    Faction: Forsaken Wastes/Underdepths

Size: 1x1, Rarity: Rare
    Artwork
    :
    An obelisk made from bones bound together.
    Flavor-Text: They are creatures made from the remains of the battlefield. With guidance, they can carry with them the taint of undeath.
    Nora Cost: 30

Relic Stats
    DEF: 0, HP: 20

Relic Effect: This relic has Guided Construction: Flesh (Stitched that come into play under your control gain Race: Skeleton, and Race: Undead)

Stitched Oak Obelisk
    Faction: K'thir/Underdepths

Artwork
    :
    An obelisk made from branches and roots bound together.
    Flavor-Text: They are creatures made from the remains of the battlefield. With guidance, the wood incorporated into them can come to life.

Relic Stats

Relic Effect: This relic has Guided Construction: Wood (Stitched that come into play under your control gains Race: Treefolk and Race: Plant.)

Stitched Iron Obelisk
    Faction: Ironfist/Underdepths

Artwork
    :
    An obelisk made from armor, weapons, and stone bound together
    Flavor-Text: They are creatures made from the remains of the battlefield. With guidance, the engineers can come to work them like any other machination.

Relic Stats
    DEF:
    0, HP: 20

Relic Effect: This relic has Guided Construction: Steel (Stitched that come into play under your control gains Race: Construct)

Willow likes this.
  2. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

too long did not read but anything stitch hell yeah!

3. Xuldorl

Ah, very well. Here is the TLDR version;

Three relics that add races to stitched so they can work better in a battlegroup with other deck themes. Skeleton/Undead for one, Plant/Treefolk for another, and Construct for the last one.

Willow likes this.
  4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hm, I like the idea but may be a bit risky.

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Vine touch is already the wood/kf one

Stitched should become constructs to me. Just like myx becoming spiders.

6. Xuldorl

I disagree on Vine touch, on one point; Stitched, in their strategy and my experience, largely depend upon being replacable. Vine touched only works out to a certain distance from the relic, making folding stitched into any strategy involving plants/treefolk difficult. As sacrifices, there are better choices and the relic isn't left behind if sacrificed. As anything other than surge fodder.. They die, leave behind a relic, and the resulting stitched isn't tree folk.

7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

8. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Simple change for flavour and all.

Stitched Oak Obelisk
    Faction: K'thir/Underdepths

Artwork
    :
    An obelisk made from branches and roots bound together.
    Flavor-Text: They are creatures made from the remains of the battlefield. With guidance, the wood incorporated into them can come to life.

Relic Stats

Effect: When a Champion with the race Treefolk is destroyed, a Wooden remains relic is spawned in it's place.

Wooded remains

when any reconstruct ability is used on this relic, the resulting champion will be Sitched treefolk.

9. Xuldorl

Thats certainly a different approach.
    I like it.

gamengamenut likes this.