Extreme noob needs some help

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by guga111, Apr 12, 2016.

1. guga111

guga111 Well-Known Member

Sem título.png
    I started buildig an UD deck with the runes i had and the runes i think are cool so the deck is a big mess and i wanted to make it more playable[​IMG]
    The deck is made of:
    Champions:
    Bok Mistress
    DEep ELf Assassin
    Grimlic
    Imp Vixen
    K'lzik
    Nefari Dragon
    Nefari Siphon
    Pincushion x2
    Pit Dragon x2
    Seeker of Blood
    Soulthirster
    Vothsair ireguard x2
    Spells:
    Fading Recollection
    Fire Blast x2
    Maddening Echos
    Retribution
    Superiority x2
    Relics:
    Fire ruby x2
    Mark of Sheoul
    Equipment:
    Archnablade
    Demon shield x2
    Shield of Flame x2

2. MelMcGinnis

MelMcGinnis New Member

Hey,

So here is what I would do. I think you need some form of shatter and relic removal which will give you a more balanced deck that can handle some of the bullshit out there. You are also very 2x2 unit heavy. Maybe that works for you, but I would imagine having all those huge units makes some maps hard to win on. All my suggested runes are cheap and should help balance the deck out. It won't be the best deck, but it should be an improvement.

Take out:
    • K'lzik (belongs in a spider deck not a mixed deck)
    • Archnablade (follows from first point)
    • Shield of Flame (one or both)
    • Pit Dragon (one or both; you have too many 2x2 units. They will crowd up your battle field and hurt mobility)
    • One fire ruby.
    Add:
    • Shatter
    • Sacrifice (maybe 2x)
    • Acrid Smoke
    • Mindstorm
    • Siege Monger

3. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I'd add a cheap detection champ: deep elf scout or nefari informant (both can stealth, stealthed detection is fun).

I'd take out the imp vixen for bloodbow or shockbow to have more ranged. take out a fireball for another utility spell fe boundless enthousiasm.

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Agree except for klzik and arachnablade, who can both be very effective in a mixed meta deck.

You will probably also want some mobility options - deep elf priestess/nefari inforant are good options.

noamkeren likes this.
  5. guga111

Thanks, i will test the sugestion you guys gave and use the one i feel more confortable with

6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Very good advice from the chaps above. Your BG looks quite a varied set of runes. Play with it several times too get a feel for what you like and what doesn't work for your particular style and tweak from there.

My own thoughts and comments would be as follows...

2x Ireguards and 2x Pincushions are a great core beater squad. You won't need an additional 2x Pit dragons as they are too large.
    2x Fireblast plus 2x Superiority plus Maddening Echoes are too many are damage spells. Superiority in particular doesn't fit the BG as there are too many different races.
    You might swap one or two Shields of Flame with Tinderbox and / or Molten Cloak
    You might swap a Fire Ruby for an Orb of Protection. The give GREAT utility in killing off low hp champs as well as their obvious use.
    I love my Arachnablades, even out of a spider BG, as I equip an Ireguard with Multiattack 3.
    K'lzik I would drop as she always needs a Demon Shield, but I can see why she might be ok.
    You may not need 2x Demon Shield given all the arrow eater guys you have.
    I would DEFINITELY recommend a Shatter.
    I have found that I can live without Relic removal, so no longer run Demolish, but many swear by it.
    You might fancy detection from a Deep Elf Scout, or even a Stitched Librarian for a bit of magic ranged damage too.

Give it a go and see how you do.

7. guga111

pox.png
    So i made some of the changes you guys mentioned and tried to reduce my number of double units and spells, i added some ranged units and putted a succubus because she has charm and life siphon so che can stay alive for some rounds to get my other units going, i also removed some of the big units to get more ranged in shockbow and librarian.
    Question:Should i run librarian with teleport or shatter?

8. Kilstuforf

Kilstuforf The King of Potatoes

I would take out one of the succubus (or both) for a deep elf priestess(es), she will really help move your 2x2 champs around as well as your squishy imp vixen.

9. Fentum

How are you getting on with that tweaked BG?

10. guga111

I made the change of the succubus for the priestess and it really worked, i'm used the librarian as an option for ranged damge and shatter so i removed the spell to use split personality
    I fought 3 times in a row against maxx bg's, lost 2 and the one 1i won was because i used split personality on maxx he died and the guy surrendered, so i'm thinking of making som changes to fit him in the
    I also had a hard time against firk bg but FW and KF weren't hard to take care of

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  11. Fentum

Lovely job.