What are the top 5 decks right now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

"If you are talking about last DoW, I sure as hell don't remember any ST/SP clops split in the top 10."

2. kthx

kthx The King of Potatoes

Thanks for the kind words on my pile. I wouldn't agree that it is a top five build - honestly, it is just a throwback to a deck I used to play and uses a lot of cards I happen to like. Dunes Manticore and Jelly Overmind are my two favourite cards in the game right now and this lets me play them both.

For those interested, the deck is basically a smattering of cheap spells, with a DB, a reverb blast and hippos. Champ wise, it is basically stuff that interacts well with Dunes Manticore. Turns out, sandstorms are a really great control card. There's not much to it, save that I'm tilted toward beefy tanks backed up by ranged DoTs and alt damage. Lots of Comes into Play effects too, which, it turns out, are really good and help to ensure I keep playing dudes rather than spells.

I don't currently have that +hp/dam relic in, but I'm looking at a way to fit it in (I do have something in mind). I think it'd be good and I have a wide variety of champ races.

Happy to talk about it with anyone - pm me ingame, I don't really use the forums much anymore. Honestly though, it is just something I'm comfortable with and I like. I can build far meaner things - and I might when I finish shaking off the rust :)

kthx.

3. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Skeezicks. Mogas. Skeezicks. Dragons. Oh sundered lands.
    :^)

4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

THE COLLECTIVE DUH.

Also you're a little snowflake. Ive been getting rekt by you this whole month.

5. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

When people say this, you mean Circadian semi-aquatics, right? Or is it Mirefolk in general?

One thing for sure: there's no way it's aquatics. That's one mighty weak theme right there.

6. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

BS, buddy

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

devotee and spirits suck. by aquatics i hope you mean mirefolks.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dragons or dragon/beast might still be broke.

@Ballballer dont play cyclops, I spent 4mil pb on them and theyre still garbage, like really really bad.

@Phynixe sokolov ruined the rank system, its nothing more than a farming contest currently, look at zeyas rating... 5 mininum exp for any game regardless of rank difference was not the right solution to the problem with the old system...

@kalasle worms as a whole suck unless the map allows you to cheese with necrosis. colosus is the deck and it just got limited to 1x per. nobody else who plays this game will have success consistently against top opponents using top decks with worms, including myself and probably even devilsrath.

@Ultima dragons and moga are probably top 10(moga got buffed pretty hard recently), skeezicks not so much. sok gutted skeezicks.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And I think this is because devils, you, and Tiny do not understand how to play the deck; devils probably wont pick it up, Tiny has no interest in learning, and you refuse to learn because you believe you already understand it. Worms do a ton of fundamentally broken crap, and now they have enough muscle to work as a regular deck on top of that -- they're insane.

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Mw24 is the pox mesiah. Don't question his authority. He knows best.

SaintKiwi and BurnPyro like this.
  11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

devils and tiny probably understand how to play just about any deck better than just about anyone else, myself included. If you played against tinys worms with yours you would probably lose 8-9 out of 10 games.

Worms have design issues but if they dont draw a early colossus or get a favorable map most top notch decks can overpower them because the worms themselves are very poorly built.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Totally disagree on that -- Tiny has really good Pox fundamentals, but he also jumps around a lot. He plays every deck the same. That's honestly better for him and his record -- it's why he's considered such a good player -- but it also means that he sometimes totally drops the ball with certain decks, even if it looks like he's doing alright.

Ballballer likes this.
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you should play competitively more like the top players do, i think you are underestimating tiny and devilsrath alot.(and other top players)

the game is alot different when playing against these type of quality opponents.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Who are these quality opponents, and why cant i find any?

Pattn199, Gnomes, SaintKiwi and 2 others like this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

sok made the ones that were left quit...

ill make a short list in no particular order

tinydragon
    devilsrath
    ballballer
    mw24
    halfgodx
    dzso
    burnpyrpo
    konung
    markoth
    axeraiser
    heroex7777
    karmavore
    zeya
    sonmbra
    leviathan
    agirgis

might be 5 maybe top notch pvp players that im forgetting out of the players who have been active in the past year.

there are alot of mid/mid upper tier players as well but i did not list them here.

I might be overrating leviathan but from what ive seen he is top 3 at sl skill wise.(out of sl mains)

buff ud and fw's faction bonus... its funny that theres been no top tier fw mains since geddins revamp.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

god damn that list is depressing.

Karmavore and Ballballer like this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

just because some of them may have been mediocre in the past doesnt mean that they still are after playing thousands more games. Also this list could probably be broken up into 2-3 more tiers, tiny and devilsrath are in their own tier.

18. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Baller still takes pride in rank, lol

19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

So break it up into tiers

20. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Top players aren't what they are anymore. There are a lot of players that simply don't play rank or don't play it enough but are better than those that have been mentioned.