deflect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Apr 14, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why does deflect hit relics ? It clearly states it only hits enemies last time i checked relics were relics not enemies either change the wording or how the ability works.

2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

relics r da counter

3. super71

Yes but deflect states it will hit the nearest enemy a relic is not an enemy. Little things like this is what confuses new players and makes them leave, a simple change in words clears the confusion right up.

4. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Does it say closest enemy or closest champion?

6. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

"Next time this unit takes damage from a attack made by target champion within 8 spaces, that damage is redirected to the nearest enemy within 8 spaces. This effect is hidden until triggered. (You may target this unit do Deflect the damage from the next attack by any champion.)"

From the text super 71 is right, it should not hit relics, if relics do not trigger deflect, it cannot be a targed of it when redirecting it.

But like Graysands22 sayed, relic its a counter for it since release of the abilitie, so, turn out to be another thing to fix >.<

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It used to say Unit and unit could be either a relic or a champion.

8. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

we need something to bypass deflect/divert also, something like precision but could be like "dmg made by this champion cant be redirected"

9. only

only Active Member

if the wording is a problem, I could see it (understand/support).

however, "countering" deflect with relics is a very competitive-healthy addition to the game. it's pretty neat trick and we should have more of those. that's why I would like to see more Deflect: Poison.

10. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

It seems like it could use a description change though.

"Enemy unit" would be the proper clause, right?

11. super71

I like that relics can be a counter it just gets confusing for new players when they read the ability and it does something different, and there are a few abilities that just need the wording changed and they will be fine.
    Sounds cool but this game does not need any new abilities their are way to many right now it's making the learning curve already higher than it was.