New faction(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wizrank2, Apr 16, 2016.

1. wizrank2

wizrank2 The King of Potatoes

I mean wouldn't it be nice to have more variety , more strategies thanks to possibly new abilities etc. (including avatar)
    I often find myself changing from one faction to another one because of the lack of variety and my personal lack of gold to buy several runes and it's really boring because it's like meta there's like 2-3 decks owning all and that's it.
    It would even be better for new players who don't have enough gold to explore into more factions and more strategies
    As of themes , for example it could be 'Unknown forces' which would include like .. mutants , robots , aliens , elementals , and any other extraterrestrial/weird-looking creatures you can think of ..
    Or it could be like 'steampunk' theme'd , which would be like air forces combined with constructs , i don't know.
    I just posted this in order to make the game a little bit more interesting , before everything remember this is just an idea i don't force this to happen im just passing my curiosity and ideas, that's all.

2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

The problem is what Joker said.
    What kind of unique location would the new faction belong to?
    Heaven, Space, Deepsea are one of the only ones not expanded upon.
    Space would be too sci-fi for a fantasy game.
    Deepsea is too similar to Forglar Swamp, their maps would be terrible and they wouldn't have a reason to fight over land territory. (Or have territory taken by others)
    Heaven could make sense, but we already have Angels and Al'Mara and Il'Tara are likely too strong to have in the game.

Vorian and Joker like this.
  3. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

I do not think that new factions are needed. I think that maybe each expansion should have some runes that are factionless and can be played in any faction with full faction bonuses. Think MTG colorless cards.

4. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I don't think we need anymore factions. Nor do I think factionless runes are a good idea.

*Edit*

I came out as an ******* there, I didn't mean to be rude, Its hard expressing negative opinions without sounding really mean D:

5. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

The problem with split decks is that they have access to something their faction doesn't offer, offering new combos/possibilities. If there were factionless runes, then every faction would have access to the same thing. I don't like that future D:

With that picture, you'll never sound rude.