Matches Won't Start

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Sarashu, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Naeya

Naeya The King of Potatoes

And it seems to have fixed itself.

2. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Happening now for several players now (@8am est), only 1 active game in PvE and the buttons just gray out when you try to start a game. Re-logging does not fix.

Edit: Don't know if this helps, but after it grays out the button, I can not switch between lobbies either. I have to exit the client and restart. Just a note.

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Same thing happening right now. 2pm GMT

4. bClef

bClef Member

It's happening now. 11am CST

5. Naeya

Naeya The King of Potatoes

It's still happening, exactly as you said, starting 3 AM PDT.

PVE is lagging beyond belief and I have a feeling within a minute I can't start them anymore either again.

If it's a case of botservers restarting or something it might be a good idea to better communicate this to the players.

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That is something we are looking into. Due to the bot server restart being automated there are some challenges with doing posts about that because this is actually a short term fix for a issue we have been working on.

7. ambergris

ambergris The King of Potatoes

It's nearly been a year since this post, and this is still an issue. I am able to login to the game, but I cannot start a campaign. The "Start Campaign" button does not click. It's a problem right now (4:17 PM MST) and has been a problem repeatedly in the past. I'm busy and don't get many opportunities to play, so this is pretty frustrating.

Will the issue ever be resolved?

8. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I gave up asking about this a long time ago... I think it's a secret plot to enhance pvp numbers at certain points of the day.

9. Senshu

It takes a few minutes for the Bot Server to restart. When you notice this happening wait a few minutes and then just restart the game client. There is a problem where when the bots restart if you tried to get into a single player game when this happens the interface will not update properly.
    Actually this is part of a larger overhaul we are doing on the backend of the game and some of these things being fixed are dependent on some other more complicated changes.

10. ambergris

So... I did restart the game client. Several times, actually. The problem persisted for hours and is occurring again right now. I'm running out of time to complete a heroic achievement because of this issue. It is currently 7:17 PM MST.

I would like to play this game, but at some point I'm just going to quit again and never come back. My account has been around since the Octopi days. I used to spend actual money on this game, but I never will again if it's not going to play properly.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  11. Senshu

Hmm that's odd. Are you still having this problem?

12. AlmazD

AlmazD New Member

I'm having this problem, now. I try to start a skirmish, and it does nothing, and I've waited and reset the client a few times by now.

EDIT: I went off to play a PVP match and then when I went back to try again, it started, but that was... something like 15 minutes? After having been waiting for around 10 minutes already?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  13. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Today it happened from 3:30 am (or even before) to 4:30 am PDT and at some time the daily skirmish even disappeared from the UI during one of my restarts of the client.

14. Senshu

Hmm, thank you both for reporting this.

15. ambergris

I haven't had the time to play much lately, but when I have the game has been working. Until now. 3:13 PM MST, same problem - cannot click "Start Campaign."

16. Senshu

Thanks for reporting this. Our automated system caught this and the bot server is up and running again.

17. ambergris

Cannot click start campaign button - 10:35PM MST.

18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

is this for any campaign?

19. Senshu

According to our server records there was no reported cases of the bots being down.
    Did you just purchase this campaign?

20. ambergris

I was trying to play a free daily skirmish, not a paid campaign.